• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

RF4287HARS Ice Maker ejector arms position problem

Toast

Model Number
RF4287HARS
Brand
Samsung
Hi,
I have been searching and havent found an answer to my problem- so I was going to see if anyone here was clearly smarter then me. My ice maker stopped making ice (well- technically stopped dumping it from the ice maker).

Samsung fridge RF4287HARS- ice maker- DA97-07365G

When I pulled the ice maker out there was a set of cubes made, but the ejector arms were in the ice cubes about 30% of the way and frozen solid, so there was no way the ice could release without me pulling the tray, and melting the ice.

I have tried the ice maker reset (same problem occurs). I read online that it could be a sync problem and the Ice maker needs to be replaced, so I got a replacement maker- and annoyingly the exact same problem occurred with a new ice maker unit. I have attached a picture of the blades frozen in the ice cubes, as well as a picture of the blades in the water while the ice is being frozen which seems to be a wrong "home position" or however you would refer to it as.

The picture of the blades in the water is not perfect, I couldnt get a great angle to take a picture so I ended up taking a video with my iphone and reaching into the freezer compartment to try and see where the blades were at while the ice was making- they start out facing up and to the right about 30 degress, but then after the water dumps the slowly rotate down til they are about 30 degress down and to the left (when viewing the ice maker head on looking into the fridge) which puts them right in the water that is freezing for the cubes.

Thanks for any and all help- I can be pretty handy, but this problem is eluding me.

IMG_2562.JPGIMG_2584.PNG

(hopefully the picture attachment works

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

That's very strange, I've never seen anything like that happen before, especially if the replacement Ice maker does it too.

I'm puzzled, some things we can't fix just over the forum here.

I'd suggest having Samsung come out to see what's going on.

Here's the ice maker for your model:
DA97-07365G Assy Ice MAKER

Jake

sappho

Premium Member
was there any solution to this problem. seems my icemaker on a different model Samsung is doing the same thing.

Tex19

Premium Member
Exact Same Problem

I have a Samsung rfg298HDRS, dual ice makers. My upper ice maker is doing the exact thing you describe. I also replaced the entire ice maker and got the exact same problem. Have found no solution yet.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Rick mentioned this: Two class actions suits against Samsung for refrigerators with faulty ice makers.

Here:

I'd investigate those Two class actions, apparently Samsung has no fix for these ice maker problems.

Jake

cholschuh

@Toast

Where you able to come up with a solution ? Running into the same issue

Thanks for your time

turbo_matt

Premium Member
I disassembled the ice maker when I got home today, and found broken teeth on both the motor gear and the driven gear that turns the ejector fingers. Not sure if that itself was the problem, or a result of another issue, but I ordered replacement ice maker so I guess I'll find out!

Attachments

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes Turbo, I clearly see that. The new ice maker assembly should fix yours. Let us know please Turbo!

I don't know why it didn't fix @Toast. Unless he got a defective one.

Jake