• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED RF4287HARS No water to icemaker after 4 years of use; water to dispenser is fine

IT_Leader

Premium Member
Model Number
RF4287HARS
Brand
Samsung
Ice maker has been working perfectly but as of two days ago, is not receiving any water. Door water dispenser is functioning fine. Only recent "changes" has been I replaced the water filter, which I've done maybe 5 times in the 4 years I've had the fridge. I've removed and replaced the filter with predictable results after the air bubbles flush out, but nothing to the ice maker. I've even removed the ice maker itself and can see no problems with it... except it is dry.

No other complaints with this model. I've reviewed other related posts on this site and others and cannot seem to find an answer. My apologies if it has already been answered, and please direct me as such.

Details:

1. Freezer temp is -2F
  2. Pressed "reset" on the ice maker and the fridge "chimed"
  3. Been more than a day since I last pressed "reset" and never hear the water fill into the maker

Don't believe it's the ice maker but it could be, if that is where the sensor for allowing water to enter is housed?? I have checked the water line and can see no leaks or apparent problems like freezing.

Your feedback is well appreciated!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

IT_Leader

Premium Member
Thanks for the reply, Jake... no, I have heard the water come in before this all happened over the years, but nothing in the past three days. I've reset it (heard the "chime") at least 4 times in the past three days.

It's either the ice maker not telling the fridge to send more water, or there's a block/problem in the water line to the ice maker.

I'll review the manual to see what I can find. Any ideas?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
What I'm saying is the ice maker ejector arm fingers should cycle first, then put water in, did you see those ice maker ejector arm fingers turning when you did the reset?

If not, then your ice maker is bad.

Here's the ice maker for your model you can order:
Samsung DA97-07365G Assy Ice MAKER

Jake

IT_Leader

Premium Member
I don't hear anything after I reset - eject arms or water. I pulled out the ice bucket to see more closely and do hear a slow "grind" that pauses every few seconds. I don't think this has happened until overnight. I had disconnected/removed the ice maker yesterday and reset it once it was back in, but this "grind" is new. Sounds like it's dead.

I bet (hope) you're right! I just bought one of your ice makers and expect it'll ship today. I'll come back and update when I get it and try it.

Thanks again!

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, it sounds like it is the ice maker itself that's bad.

Let us know how it goes after you install the new ice maker.

Jake

IT_Leader

Premium Member
FIXED: No water to icemaker after 4 years of use; water to dispenser is fine

Great news! I got the replacement ice maker in and swapped it out and almost immediately the sensor released water in for making ice! Nice call Jake and all is well now. Great price on the part too, so overall without spending for a repair call, I saved at least $150!

Glad you're here and nice job!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent, good job.:)

Jake