SJSJSJ

Premium Member
Model Number
RF4287HARS
Brand
Samsung
Samsung RF4287HARS French Door Refrigerator

Ordered a replacement Main Control Board Manufacturer Part DA92-00233D

The new board that came from Parts Dr has the red plug in the center of the Main Control Board orientated upside from original board. As I installed the new board, I just flipped the plug around. But the power board LED bulb does not light up, nor does the fridge run. I am thinking by flipping the plug, it also flipped the wires, thus not correctly connected. You can see the red plug I ma referring to in the web-link above. The picture on the website matches the orientation of my original board. The replacement plug is orientated 180 degrees.

When I reinstall the original board (although defective) it does cause the power board to light up and the fridge runs.

I had ordered the same board on Amazon, but it had the exact same issue. Was hoping by sourcing from a different supplier I may not get a defective board.
Any thoughts on how to remedy/workaround?

TIA

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
I got the same part# and looks the same as the pic you posted...

Main power control board assembly

Might have to get Samsung involved...esp if they have supplied the wrong information to part suppliers.

jeff.

jeff1

Staff member
Has anybody checked with Samsung?
They made it, hopefully they are still making the correct board!

jeff.

enfgyoj

Premium Member
I called called Samsung Support and they directed me to check with Samsungparts.com(J&J international) who are authorized by Samsung . After long wait , I spoke to the customer service and they said that they do not have any information regarding this board being defective and asked to call Samsung again :). They said we don't manufacturer we just order parts from Samsung. Not sure where to go.

Any ideas.

Kathryn B

Premium Member
I just received the same defective board from samsungparts.com. I'd love to hear if you've made any progress with Samsung or J&J International.

jeff1

Staff member
the red plug in the center of the Main Control Board orientated upside from original board. As I installed the new board, I just flipped the plug around.
Have anybody tried to *carefully* remove the place red plug from the new board, turn it around and reinstall it on the board so the wire plug will go on the same way as the old board did?

jeff.

Kathryn B

Premium Member
Jeff, I thought about trying that, but if it doesn't work, I'm going to be stuck with a $165 doorstop. I'm trying to get a replacement if they have correct ones, or a refund otherwise. I guess if J&J International won't refund it (or if they just never answer the phone which is happening now), maybe I'll give it a try and let you all know. I'm also afraid that that isn't the only thing they got wrong, and even fixing that won't make it work.

jeff1

Staff member
but if it doesn't work, I'm going to be stuck with a $165 doorstop.
That is an excellent reason why we support RepairClinic & AppliancePartPros.
Parts can be sent back for a refund ( minus shipping ) no matter what, even after being installed.

Please do keep us posted.

jeff.

jeff1

Staff member
try soldering it
I would try just removing the plastic mold from the board, reverse it and reinstall it over the wire pins so the orientation was the same way as the original one was.

jeff.

fridgeraider

Just received mine from J&J same issue orange plug upside down and no light or power on when installed.
Has anyone tried rewiring the plug so it makes the same contacts as the original board?
This is silly the only reason I am replacing this board is because apparently the change up ice maker which I bought no longer works with the original board.
Seems like some pretty sketchy engineering/quality control