• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

RFG297HDRS Slow Water Dispensing even after replaced filter housing

MontezumaAztec

Premium Member
Model Number
RFG297HDRS
Brand
Samsung
Hey guys,

I recently had an appliance repair guy come out to see our refrigerator as it has been dispensing water very slow for quite some time. I narrowed it down to something with the filter because when I take the filter out, the water dispenses perfectly fine. I've also replaced the filter several times and the same thing happens again after a day or two from replacing with a new filter, the water starts out fast then gradually slows down.

The repair guy didn't look very long at the problem but felt good about it being the filter housing and said it would probably have to be replaced, $280 part + $120 for repair, which sounded pretty outrageous to me.

I decided to do it myself, and spent 30 minutes replacing the old one. Water Filter DA97-11433A Order now for same day shipping. 365 day return policy. RepairClinic.com

Unfortunately, this didn't solve the problem. I put the new filter in the new housing, and after a day it was back to being slow again. Any other ideas on what the problem might be? It's pretty frustrating thinking you finally found the solution, only for it to fail :wall:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
That's odd, Wild is our Samsung and LG expert here, he may know, you can message him and refer him to your thread here to see if he can tell you: wildimaginations

Jake

wildimaginations

Appliance Tech
Are you using the OEM Samsung filter or an aftermarket brand? I've seen some aftermarket filters that don't work properly. Order the original water filter part and it should work fine. DA29-00019A.

Now it is possible that the filter housing unit is defective. Whenever I see this problem, I have always replaced the filter housing with success every time.

Hope this helps.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member