RFG298AARS Samsung Leaking into refrigerator

Brianswensen

Premium Member
Model Number
RFG298AARS
Brand
Samsung
I am working on a Samsung fridge that has water leaking into the refrigerator section. The drain is totally clear. I can pour water down there and it drains no problem, but I can't figure out how water is still leaking into the fridge. I can see that is dripping out from behind the evaporator cover, pretty much where it would be leaking if the drain were clogged. Has anybody run into this before? Thanks!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Brian, It may be leaking from the water tank assembly.

Here's the water tank assembly for your model:
DA97-07150A Water Tank Assembly

When you click the link to the water tank assembly there is a video that shows you how to access it, see if its leaking from there.

Jake

Brianswensen

Premium Member
Thanks! I will check that too. I actually taped a paper towel below the evaporator cover and there was water on it after a few days, but maybe the tank is spraying a little.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
maybe the tank is spraying a little.
That's exactly what I was thinking too.:)

Let us know how it goes.

Jake

Brianswensen

Premium Member
So we disabled the water for a week and still have the leaking under the bins. If that were to rule out the water tank, is there anything else it could be? I'm wondering if tilting the fridge back a bit will help. This is a weird one.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
What do you mean disabled the water? You shut the water off to the refrigerator?

Even if you did that, the water tank will still have water in it that can drip out.:)

Jake