RSG257AARS/XXA Samsung Refrigerator Not Cooling

simj725

Premium Member
Model Number
RSG257AARS/XX
Brand
Samsung
My fridge died and then I called a technician out. He said he performed diagnostic and said it was the inverter. Prior to confirming, I decided to buy the inverter and I replaced it thinking it should work. Currently, the inverter has solid red light, but now my fridge and freezer still doesn't cool.

I ran the diagnostic and it has the Code 88 88. I've reset by unplugging for 10 mins and it still doesn't cool.

Based on forum posts, seems like it could be the compressor, but if it was - wouldn't the tech have identified it during his visit?

Thanks in advance.

simj725

Premium Member
Just reinstalled the old inverter and solid red and still the 88 88 code. So looks like he was wrong about the inverter.

simj725

Premium Member
Just got my multimeter and set it to 200 ohms. Readings came out at 10.3 at all three points. Not too familiar with readings. Just want to confirm if anyone knew whether it means that it is still the compressor. Thanks.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
The compressor can read good and still be bad. I'm not sure if yours has the linear compressor but they have had a lot of problems.