FIXED RT21LMXJW01 Roper stopped working. 20yr old, light still works..

Mike OB

Premium Member
Model
RT21LMXJW01
Brand
Roper
Model RT21LMXJW01. Garage fridge and wondering if worth trying to fix. Not sure where to start. Replacing motors and if so, which one first?? Any thoughts are appreciated,

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks bigbuck!

Hi Mike,

Is the refrigerator dead silent and won't come on to run and cool at all? Only the inside lights work?

Jake

Mike OB

Premium Member
It actually started working again. I took the fan motor out from the freezer section but when I went to put it back in, I blew something. Didn't unplug it when I went to plug it back up. I'm not 100% sure which wires go on which terminals.

There are 2 protected ones that go on the bigger ones, a smaller one that goes in the middle and the ground (I forgot where that was attached).

I took this apart a couple weeks ago. I'm not sure if I fried anything when I "popped" it putting it back in. Seems to be working on without that fan.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Mike,

Here's the evaporator(freezer) fan motor for your model:
WP4389142 Evaporator Fan Motor

There is a HOW TO video in the part link that shows how the wires connect.

Jake

Mike OB

Premium Member
That's perfect. Only issue is when I went to put it back together, I didn't unplug like an idiot. I did get a pop, sparks and tripped the breaker. The terminals look fine but one the the female ends of the wire connect is kinda black. Do you think I fried the motor? Thanks!!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Possibly, you'd need to ohm test the motor for continuity, do you have a multimeter?

Or bench test it with a old lamp cord. It doesn't matter where the terminals connect to on a AC motor.

Just don't put a live 120 line on ground.:)

Jake

Mike OB

Premium Member
Got it all put back together and it's running like a champ! Thanks for the help!!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Mike, glad to hear that.:)

Thanks for the update!

Jake