Dx2

Premium Member
Model Number
RTW4641BQ1
Brand
Roper
Roper RTW4641BQ1
I appreciate any help greatly!
I have repaired a couple of machines but I'm no expert. This one has me stumped!
Problem is unbalanced sometimes. But there isn't any agitator dogs, or stabalizing spring. The suspension rods look good but I dont see the small springs that are supposed to be at the top of the tub and attached to the stabalizing rods.
Any suggestions?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

This model doesn't use the agitator dogs.

The problem is the suspension rods and springs, seen this problem many times on my service calls. Some models don't come with the small spring at the top, the last one I did in Parker, Arizona did not have that small spring at the top connected to the rod, but I still installed this kit and it fixed it.:)

Here's the rods and springs kit for your model you can order:
W10780045 Suspension

This video shows you how to replace them, the part number in this video is for a slightly different model, but its same video to replace them for your model too:

Let us know how it goes.

Jake

Dx2

Premium Member
Awesome, thank you! I'll let you know how it turns out. Just confused about these small springs that I have seen in some videos. My washer doesn't have them, do I need to get them also?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Glad to help. Keep us posted.:)

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Dx2, glad to hear the new suspension rods and springs kit fixed it. (y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake