• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Samsung 4 Door French Door (RF32FMQDBSR/AA) - Refrigerator Not Cold Enough (50 Degrees) / Freezer is Working (0 Degrees)

dauberman

Premium Member
Model Number
RF32FMQDBSRAA
Brand
Samsung
My 4 door twin cooling samsung refrigerator is no longer cooling the refrigerator section very well..

It started a few days ago when I noticed the refrigerator seemed warmer then usual but the temp reading was at 34 degrees. I unplugged the refrigerator and plugged it back in and the refrigerator was at 58 degrees. Over the course of the last 3 days it has dropped to 50 degrees and is accurate (tested with thermometer) and the display is accurate (displaying 50 degrees). The freezer works fine.

I've performed the following:

Removed back panel to check for ice buildup - None
Checked evaporator fan - Spins when door closes
Checked condensor fan - Spins
Checked compressor - Both compressors in the back of the unit seem to be working
Put unit into FF mode to force compressors and fan on - Refrigerator still won't drop below 50 degrees
Circuit boards on back of machine both display a steady red light
No error codes in display

Is there anything I'm missing here? Could a faulty temp sensor cause this?

I called Samsung and they want $200 to send someone out to diagnose this but the company (Service Quick) has horrendous reviews..

Thank you

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Removed back panel to check for ice buildup - None
Was there any frost on the evaporator? There should be a very light coat of frost on all the coils top to bottom.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
OK, you have a sealed system problem. Sealed system repairs are expensive and will often exceed the machines value. Check your warranty. Some machines have a five year warranty on the sealed system