• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Samsung 4 Door French Door (RF32FMQDBSR/AA) - Refrigerator Not Cold Enough (50 Degrees) / Freezer is Working (0 Degrees)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dauberman

Premium Member
Model Number
RF32FMQDBSRAA
Brand
Samsung
My 4 door twin cooling samsung refrigerator is no longer cooling the refrigerator section very well..

It started a few days ago when I noticed the refrigerator seemed warmer then usual but the temp reading was at 34 degrees. I unplugged the refrigerator and plugged it back in and the refrigerator was at 58 degrees. Over the course of the last 3 days it has dropped to 50 degrees and is accurate (tested with thermometer) and the display is accurate (displaying 50 degrees). The freezer works fine.

I've performed the following:

Removed back panel to check for ice buildup - None
Checked evaporator fan - Spins when door closes
Checked condensor fan - Spins
Checked compressor - Both compressors in the back of the unit seem to be working
Put unit into FF mode to force compressors and fan on - Refrigerator still won't drop below 50 degrees
Circuit boards on back of machine both display a steady red light
No error codes in display

Is there anything I'm missing here? Could a faulty temp sensor cause this?

I called Samsung and they want $200 to send someone out to diagnose this but the company (Service Quick) has horrendous reviews..

Thank you

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Removed back panel to check for ice buildup - None
Was there any frost on the evaporator? There should be a very light coat of frost on all the coils top to bottom.

rickgburton

Staff member
OK, you have a sealed system problem. Sealed system repairs are expensive and will often exceed the machines value. Check your warranty. Some machines have a five year warranty on the sealed system

mskip

Premium Member
Check if anything is obstructing airflow from freezer to fridge section. On mine there is a small damper/flap operated by tiny elect.motor/magnet and it was broken ( hinge of that flap). That was inside of fridge section where cold air travels from freezer section.
My fridge is diff model but similar setup in most of them...

Last edited:

mskip

Premium Member
He said freezer was fine and evap fan is working so there should be cold air moving

Last edited:

rickgburton

Staff member
He said freezer was fine
That's correct. This model Samsung refrigerator has two separate systems (2 compressors), one for the freezer and one for the refrigerator. They don't use a damper. It's a common problem for this model to have a sealed system failure in the fresh food section. It can't be repaired. It uses an R600 compressor and R600 refrigerant which is flammable. That makes it illegal to work on in the USA.
R-Samsung dual comp.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.