FIXED Samsung Dishwasher - DMS400TR - heating circulation pump

nmirceac

Premium Member
Model Number
DMS400TR
Brand
Samsung
Hi,

After doing a lot of other checks and chaning the PCB - noticed the circulation pump (that's still working) is getting super hot.

Anyone knows if that's normal? Took it out and connected it straight to AC - works (with or without the start capacitor) but won't spin too fast.
There is no load whatsoever but it still heats up like crazy. It's not seized and it keeps some momentum when stopping.

Any advice?
Thanks

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

We have no information on this model, it's not a USA model, sorry we can't help you here.

It's a African model, you will need to find a appliance tech in your area to assist you.

Jake

nmirceac

Premium Member
Hi Jake,
Thanks for the prompt reply.
Will follow the advice - but services here are generally not that consistent. There are spares but not too many people to install them.
I imagined that most circulation pump in similar appliances behave more or less the same hence my question.
The only particularity of this AC circulation pump (can provide pictures) is that it's takes 230V.
After reading a bit more, I think it was blocked for a while and got damaged from overheating after it was stuck. Does this sounds plausible to you from your vast experience?

Thank you again for your reply.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
That's what I don't know because here in the USA all dishwashers are 120 volts, not 230 volts.

But I could only assume same as you, if its getting super hot and not running fast, then it's likely bad.

Jake

nmirceac

Premium Member
Hey Jake - thanks for the reply.
Got the new circulation pump today! Made all the difference in the world - the issue is fixed.
Just a note - it doesn't heat up at all! Barely getting warm.
So if your pump heats up - just change it - it's definitely a problem.

Thanks again

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Good job, glad to hear that. (y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake