• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Samsung Dishwasher DMT400RHS Drain Error (blinking delicate LED)

RobbyR

Premium Member
Model Number
DMT400RHS
Brand
Samsung
Samsung D/W DMT400RHS flashing drain error code (blinking delicate LED). I will also intermittently get the over flow error (blinking heavy and smart auto LEDs)
Steps I have taken:
1. Blew out the drain lines (both from sump to air brake assm and from air brake assm to sink)
2. Cleaned out all of the interior assembly, including one way valve, without pulling the sump assm.
2. I have pulled the drain pump. I get ~22.2 ohm across the connections.
3. Wasn't sure if that was correct. Found drain pump from DMT800RHS model and got same resistance but am unsure if that pump worked or not. Is this normal resistance? How can I tell if that pump is the cause of the error?
Thank you in advance

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
It doesn't say what the normal resistance will be on this drain pump.

What I do is check for 120 volts at the drain pump electrical connection when it should be draining. If your meter shows 120 volts and the drain pump is not running, then its bad.

Here's the drain pump for your model:
DD31-00005A Drain Pump

Video included in part link.

Both DMT400RHS and DMT800RHS models use the exact same drain pump.:)

Jake

RobbyR

Premium Member
Thank you Jake. So the pump runs with 120V just fine. So I am going to assume now that the board is the problem.

I happen to have a board from a DMT800RHS model but it is a different part # and I have compared it to my board. I find a resistor in place for the 400 that is absent on the 800 and a module in place to run a half load.

Can I solder the resistor onto the 800 board and remove the half load module and expect it to work? I am just trying to make what I have work before getting another one (which would be easier).

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Robby, then yes you will need to replace the main control board to fix it.:)

Here's the Main board for your model you can order:
Samsung DE92-02256C Assy Pcb Main

As techs we don't repair at board level, so I don't know the answer to your resistor question.

Jake

RobbyR

Premium Member
FOLLOW UP
So I ordered and replaced the board. No luck. Same error code. I suppose the new board, which was sold "used but tested and working" could also be bad. However, is any other possible cause?
Again, to detail the problem behavior...
Turn it on, Normal wash, low humming noise, 120V to the pump verified, some movement in the air brake chambers but not full or constant, some water fills chambers but it is not forcefully done, then a couple of forceful surges like it is spraying, then back to the low humming and this behavior runs a couple minutes, after which the delicate led flashes indicating drain error.
I have verified the drain pump functions by hooking it up to 120V from the outlet. Seems to spin normally.
Thanks for any ideas!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Robby,

NEW BOARD was sold "used but tested and working"???? Where did you get it at? because AppliancePartsPros only sells new boards period!

Hopefully another tech. that's come across this same exact problem can shed some light on this for you, because it should be draining if you get 120 volts FROM THE CONTROL BOARD to the DRAIN PUMP.

Jake