FIXED Samsung Dishwasher DW80F600UTS/AA Smart Auto + Heavy Warning - Over level water error

Status
Not open for further replies.

dman535

Premium Member
Model Number
DW80F600UTS/A
Brand
Samsung
Let me preface that I am just about done with this unit. We have had it for a little over three years and its had numerous problems.

I am not getting an over level water sensor error. The unit starts, and after 30 seconds the drain pump runs and the Smart Auto and Heavy lights flash. I pulled the unit it, cleaned out the case brake and it did nothing to change the condition.

Looking at the archives it seems that this problem requires all the parts in the unit be replaced (PCB, brake, ECS) and it may still yield a non functional unit.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can test or try before I pronounce this dishwasher DOA.

Thanks

Derek.-

dman535

Premium Member
I have a typo in the previous post - it should read" I am now getting an over level water sensor error."

I ran the service test #6 where it is supposed to test the the overflow sensor and it seemed to pass by giving me the over level water error. So my guess is that it would be a PCB issue?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I just noticed you already did all of what he mentioned correct?

Except you didn't mention this:
Usually caused by either improperly set water temperature at the water heater (needs to be 120°F or higher), or you didn't make sure that you had hot water at the faucet before starting the dishwasher.
I also noticed a thread from March where Jeff helped you: Samsung Dishwasher DW80F600UTS/AA High temperature heating error

About the water temperature issue and that you have 3 kids and you didn't want to turn your water heater too hot, and I don't blame you.

It may have something to do with that, so if I was you I'd ditch this machine and get a Whirlpool or Maytag that doesn't have all these electronics and sensors in it that keeps throwing errors for not having the water heater too hot and now causing this overflow casing(over level water sensor error) error code.

Like I've said many times to other members: Stay away from LG and Samsung appliances, stick with the big boys: Whirlpool, Maytag, KitchenAid, Amana, Admiral, Roper, Estate, Frigidaire and GE.

Whirlpool, Maytag, KitchenAid, Amana, Admiral, Roper, Estate, Frigidaire and GE all have 50 plus years each of manufacturing appliances, Samsung and LG have only 8 years, I advise people to stick with Whirlpool, Maytag, KitchenAid, Amana, Admiral, Roper, Estate, Frigidaire and GE.

LG and Samsung make good Smartphones, TV's and Monitors, but not major home appliances as they tend to throw too many sensors and control boards into their appliances and that's 99% of all the problems they have on their appliances.

Jake

dman535

Premium Member
Thanks for the reply. I unplugged the overflow sensor and the machine finished its cycle. I am not sure I am going to spend another $80 in parts on this thing. Thanks for the input.

I looked at the reviews on Lowes and Home Depot and they are all mixed. I see people calling out Maytag and Whirlpool as junk. Multiple service calls, poor performance. I was looking at a Whirlpool WD560SAFM - what are your thoughts?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Well, from being a career appliance tech since 1987 the least service calls I have is Whirlpool and Maytag.:)

In my house I've always owned Whirlpool and Maytag appliances and never had any problems, they have all lasted over 10 years!

Jake

rpavelca

Premium Member
I have the oE error on my DW80F800UWS/AA.
I have removed the case brake and flushed it. There is no visible obstruction.
Started normally, shortly after the washer fills it errors and drains.
Running the diagnostic mode Ft repeats this error. If I unplug the oe sensor, Ft completes ok.
Interestingly, running the mode 8 / L it shows no error. Before I order a $100 case brake, is there any other approach to take?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

rpavelca

Premium Member
The case brake did the job. Ran through the diagnostic levels and then a complete normal wash.

FYI and amusement:
After replacement, when I first plugged in the power cord, it immediately started some motor and displayed LC, a leak indicator. No buttons pressed. Checked for any sign of leakage and found none. Repeatedly plugged in with same result. Fearing the worst- circuit board failure, I was dismayed.

I thought I may as well check the bottom tray to see if there is any water in it which would trigger the sensor. Sure enough, through my multiple trials and possible the last time I unplugged the fill and drain hoses from the case brake, there was just enough water in the pan. Wiping it dry and checking one of the sensor plugs I had removed before, it was now leak free and happy.

Thanks to this forum for giving me the clues and info.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent, glad to hear the new case brake fixed it.:)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

rpavelca

Premium Member
Awwwkk!!! Same 0E error on a full run. Using Normal setting am a full load, appears to have washed clean but somewhat wet and water spotted. (Did not use Sanitize).
No visible obstruction in case brake. Now what do I do?

rpavelca

Premium Member
Awwk! oE again.
Ran a full load with Normal setting. Dishes are wet (no Sanitize) and spotty but appear clean.
No visible obstruction in case brake.
Ran again, Quick wash, with very few dishes. oE.
What now???

rpavelca

Premium Member
miserable oE again

Tried to run again and observed. Prewash cycle completed and drained. Refill for the wash hit oE.
new Case brake with arrows showing inlet orange, flow loop green, and overflow sensor pink circle.

case brake arrows.jpg

Water flows in and goes to the washer through center opening, while filling up to the oE sensor level and stopping (at first). During drain the water fills the loop and goes out through the right side tube.
After fully drained and flashing oE, there is still water sitting in the loop with an air bubble at its top. This may be normal but I could not see through the opaque original case brake.
Is there any way to get the circuit board to reset its sensor levels to correct errors?
Am I looking at a new board- which I doubt I want to buy?
:wall::wall::wall:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
No way to reset the control board.

Check whether an "Over Level Water Error" is detected when the assembly wire-harness connector for Overflow Sensor is not connected. Normal would be the "Over Level Water Error" DOES NOT occur. If it does occur, then replace the control board.

Now I need the complete model number, because this model takes two different control boards per the last digit of your model number.

Here's the control board for model number DW80F800UWS/AA-0000:
DD92-00033B Assy Pcb Main

Here's the control board for model number DW80F800UWS/AA-0001:
DD82-01139A Assy-Pcb Main

Jake

rpavelca

Premium Member
oE water levels

I just ran a Quick cycle with the oE sensor disconnected.

Watched the water level which rose to almost the sensor at the prewash and rinse cycles. It did go up to what I believe is the point where the sensor wires would be.

water level at oE.jpg

Even though the wires were disconnected, the program apparently knows when to stop the incoming water and then proceed to the next cycle. Completed the entire wash and rinses with no hint of trouble.

How unsafe would it be to continue running without the oE sensor connected?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
How unsafe would it be to continue running without the oE sensor connected?
That's a good question, but I don't know, I've never seen anyone do that before.

I can't tell whether this is model 0000 or 0001
If its not listed then it defaults to 0000.

So if you didn't get that error code with the sensor disconnected that means your control board is fine.

Jake

rpavelca

Premium Member
I have now run the dishwasher several times with the sensor disconnected. No sign of any problem, least of all any leaks or overflows.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Sounds good, when you had the sensor connected did you notice lots of SUDS in the dishwasher, when you open the door in the middle of a wash cycle? I forgot to mention that could cause the oE too.

Jake

rpavelca

Premium Member
I did not open it during a cycle. Just was watching hte case brake. Top of loop showed some soap but I did not see any excessive soap or bubbles. The water level just just rose up to the sensor.

We are using the Cascade packet with the rinse aid for several years.

Status
Not open for further replies.