• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Samsung Dishwasher DW80F800UWSAA 5E repeat

rpavelca

Premium Member
Model Number
DW80F800UWSAA
Brand
Samsung
Having disassembled this dishwasher 4-6 times over 7 years, I am once again dealing with the dreaded 5E drain error.
May 22/2020: After a year of running without issue, 5E errors would not stop. Soap dispenser not opening. Appears to drain initial rinse water with no problem. But 5E stops cycle.
Took apart inside and cleaned gunk. After still coding in a Quick cycle, turned machine on right side, opened bottom pan, pulled out entire drain hose and flushed, replaced. Removed and cleaned the Assembly Case Sensor.

November 2021: Same issue as 2020. Lots of gunk inside. No sign of clog in outlet hose. Opened drain pump and found no obstructions. Water in bottom pan may have come from not draining the hose first. Detached case brake to inspect more carefully. Cleaned insides noting more calcium deposits on heater. Ran through test steps. Only the disconnected level sensor caused the 5E as expected. I mentioned leaving the overflow sensor disconnected in my 2019 thread. Has not caused any problem since.

Now ran a quick cycle which ended in 5E despite initial drain completing. Soap dispenser not open. Tried 2 more times with same result.

Drain hose situated in the same position as always, going to the counter overflow and down to the disposal entry port. dishwasher empties into disposal and sewer pipe. Nothing clogged there that is visible. (Faucet on full drains just fine.) I recently came across mention of a high loop for the drain hose. Does that describe my routing?
dishwasher hose.jpg

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Your high loop is fine, the problem might be the check valve(air gap) where both hoses connect to at the top, under the sink.

Did you remove that and check that for clogs?

Jake

rpavelca

Premium Member
I ran water through the air gap with no problem.
Reran the tests starting with Ft. Flushes a lot of water through into the disposal several times with no backup at all.
However, now it stops Ft with the AE error. Unplugged power cord reconnected, restarted test. Ft eventually displayed repeat Ft 1, Ft 1, Ft 1 until I went to the next test.
anticipating failure of the disconnected overflow sensor, I plugged it back in.
Went along fine through L. Then S ran along until it blinked 5E. Test table indicates a fail of the low level sensor. Makes no sense.

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, that is very strange, I don't know what else to suggest either.

Jake

rpavelca

Premium Member
Good news!
FYI, after removing, cleaning, reassembling every part I am now familiar with, the dishwasher is running without errors, leaks or issues. For how long? I don't know.

Air gap removed, flushed.
Drain hose removed and flushed.
NOTE: Case Brake- one of the grey plastic caps covering a dish rack upright tine was inside the case brake floating in the inlet/outlet channel. Hard to believe this would have caused repeated 5E but....
Removed filter mesh, cleaned all gunk out. Check valve in good condition.
Shutter removed, leak sensor checked, no water in tray.
Assembly sensor cleaned, replaced.
Drain pump removed, inspected, reinstalled.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
NOTE: Case Brake- one of the grey plastic caps covering a dish rack upright tine was inside the case brake floating in the inlet/outlet channel. Hard to believe this would have caused repeated 5E but....
But you never know right? LOL. Hopefully that was all it was.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake