• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Samsung Dishwasher DW80K5050US Not Turning On (Tried Basics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atrum

Premium Member
Model Number
DW80K5050US
Brand
Samsung
Samsung DW80K5050US not turning on. This issue started intermittently where the dishwasher wouldn't respond on the touch pad but after a day or two it would suddenly work and could run through an entire cycle without issue. Now over a week has passed and the unit will not respond on the touchpad.

The unit is getting power I've checked that already. I tried replacing the main board and the first time I did that I got some lights on the control panel/touchpad looking like it was in a wash but no response. Power cycled the unit again and back to the main issue. I swapped back to the original board and no change.

I've ordered another control panel/touchpad to see if that fixes it but is there anything else I should try?

As far as I can tell there are no status LED's on the main board or the control board and I do not have the electrical schematics so I'm not of a better way to troubleshoot besides swapping out parts.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, the problem is the control panel touchpad assembly, a few other people here had that same issue and the new control panel touchpad assembly fixed it.

Here's the control panel touchpad assembly for your model:

Let us know how it goes. Make sure you disconnect power to the dishwasher before you replace it.

Only the GE dishwashers have a STATUS LED on the machine control board.

I couldn't locate the schematics for this model either.

Jake

Atrum

Premium Member
Thanks for the info I've already got one on order should be here next week.

Any idea what makes these go bad? Is it just a bad board from the manufacture or is this something I should expect to happen every couple of years due a flaw in the dishwasher's design/design of the board?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
It seems to happen to all brands of dishwashers.

That's why I liked the old TIMER KNOB style, those would go 20 years without a problem.

Anything electronic with touchpads with heat and moisture mixed in, like a dishwasher, can cause electronic failures at point in time.

I always tell my customers to leave the dishwasher door ajar when its not in use, so it can air out.:)

Jake

Atrum

Premium Member
Just updating swapping out the touchpad fixed the issue right away.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Atrum, glad to hear the new control panel touchpad assembly fixed it.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.