• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Samsung Dishwasher DW80K7050US runs drain for 1 sec then stops, no error codes

N0SL3N

Premium Member
Model Number
DW80K7050US
Brand
Samsung
Yesterday, I found my dishwasher with about 30 minutes left on the cycle and lots of water in the tub, but would not restart. Every time I tried to start the cycle, I would hear the drain pump run for a second and water go into the drain, but then nothing. I repeated this process about 5 times until all the water in the tub was drained. I also cycled the power to reset with no improvement.

I had an issue with draining a few months ago, but also had an error code, which I fixed. I opened the dishwasher, the impeller looked fine and I found a small piece of plastic in the drain tube which I removed, however the issue persisted.

I thought the issue might be on the inlet valve, as no water was coming in after the drain, but I bench tested it and it worked fine. I then checked the latch switch to see if the door was showing as open, but it seemed to be working fine.

At this point, I have no idea what this could be and am inclined to believe it’s the board, but would like an easier fix.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

N0SL3N

Premium Member
Thanks Jake,

I haven’t run this test yet, but the drain does work, just for a short burst.

I did run the diagnostic from the manual you provided and am getting an AC6 error. I did auto and manual mode and it happened on every step, so not directly related to the drain.

I haven’t found much info on this, but believe it it a communication issue with the PBA.

Can you let me know if you have more info on this, otherwise I might just order a new one.

Attachments

• D00B2F1D-A7B4-490E-9E47-7F98A19DF909.jpeg
    D00B2F1D-A7B4-490E-9E47-7F98A19DF909.jpeg
    366.6 KB · Views: 47

N0SL3N

Premium Member
Update.

Replaced the board and everything works perfectly now.

Thanks for the help Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent, glad to hear the new control board fixed it.

Here's the control board for your model in case others need it too:

Thanks for the update!

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.