• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Samsung Dishwasher DW80M9960US not draining..plz help!

samsngsux

Premium Member
Model Number
DW80M9960US
Brand
Samsung
Hi everyone I am new here, hoping someone can help me.

Samsung DW80M9960US, not draining, water sits at bottom. In the beginning it was giving leakage error.

Things I have done:

Clean leakage sensor
Change the drain pump
Clean out filters with vinegar
Clean out drain hose for blockage

Still not draining, I am not electrical so do not know how to check pump continuity.

Is there valve on this model? Small hose has black net like shield that prevent water going back to dishwasher however it's glues only half which means if I push it with screwdriver, it will open half.

the.dish.king

Premium Member
Have you tried filling the tub with water and then starting and cancelling a cycle to force a drain? But also detach the drain hose from under the sink and drain into a bucket. Listen to hear if the drain is actually trying to do anything.

samsngsux

Premium Member
I have tried putting rinse cycle and I can hear the sound that it's trying to drain, u know the sound that sound come from pipes of drain but nothing drains.
I will try using bucket to see if it drains, there are two grey hose, one is connected to pump and back to dishwasher and other one is dishwasher to go.e plumbing to drain. Which one should I disconnect to see if it drains?

Any other suggestions?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
The drain hose from the dishwasher to the plumbing drain, disconnect it at the plumbing drain and see if the water drains into the bucket when you start the dishwasher in the drain cycle.

Jake