Samsung DMT400RHS/XAA Normal and Smart Auto lights blinking

evmibo

Premium Member
Model Number
DMT400RHS
Brand
Samsung
Hello,
My dishwasher was displaying a Temperature Sensor error code (Heavy, Delicate, and Smart Auto blinking simultaneously). Through some searching I was directed to replace the thermistor, after installation I received the same error code.

But now, I’m receiving the “High Temp Heating Error:” Normal and Smart Auto blinking error code. Does this need a Main PBA replacement now?

Thanks

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Hi,

(Heavy, Delicate, and Smart Auto blinking simultaneously)
I got Thermistor terminal is not connected Possible defect: Thermistor or Main PBA

Normal and Smart Auto blinking error code
Water temperature is 80℃ or above Possible defect : Thermistor , Main PBA

Control-Board-DE92-02256C--01649943.jpg Power control board

Thermistor-DD32-00005A-01613260.jpg Thermistor

jeff.

evmibo

Premium Member
So I purchased the new motherboard and replaced it. No more errors! But then, when I was running it again for the first time, the delicate light started blinking (drain error). I pulled it away from the wall again and made sure there was no kinks in the drainage hose. I reset it, tried to run a cycle again and now it just goes straight to the drain error (“delicate” blinking).

There’s now a puddle of water on the inside of the dishwasher. I’m about to go get the shop vac and suck on the drainage line. Not sure what else to do.. any advice?

jeff1

Staff member
I pulled it away from the wall again and made sure there was no kinks in the drainage hose.
Under the sink as well? We use to see many kink at the plumbing drain spout once the hose got hot/warm.
Is the drain pump running?...have anything stuck inside the drain pump?

jeff.

evmibo

Premium Member
No kinks in the hose, including behind the sink...

I’m not sure if the drain pump is running or not, if it’s clogged, etc. Should I take that apart and clean it out if possible? It does seem like it makes noise before it goes to the drain error code.

It’s strange that this never happened before the the board failed..?

By the way Jeff I greatly appreciate your help. Thank you.

jeff1

Staff member
It’s strange that this never happened before the the board failed..?
Odd for sure.

Should I take that apart and clean it out if possible?
At min pull out the d/w, lay on it's back and remove bottom cover to check the drain pump.

jeff.

evmibo

Premium Member
Okay I got to the drain pump. I disconnected the yellow and orange power wires. Then, I turned the pump off the housing and instantly noticed that the O-ring was exhausted and no longer doing it’s job.

Finally, I noticed that the red wire on the pump has been chewed down by something? I had found a good amount of cockroach poop on the old motherboard, so I suspect this is cockroach related here too...

I don’t know how to tell if the pump is in fact dead or not but I assume it is... I guess I’m going to order another one... I’ve already put $150 into parts for this dishwasher between the thermistor and main board.

https://imgur.com/gallery/iRfKlgt

Last edited:

jeff1

Staff member
I noticed that the red wire on the pump has been chewed down by something?
:disgust:

I had found a good amount of cockroach poop on the old motherboard, so I suspect this is cockroach related here too...
:eek:

If needed:

samsung-pump-drain-120v-dd31-00005a-ap4342621_02_m.jpg LINK> Pump-Drain

Keep us posted.

jeff.

evmibo

Premium Member
I found a brand new pump with shipping for $30. It won’t be here until next week though. In the meantime I cleaned the dishwasher as much as I could, mostly beneath the filter area at the bottom of the inside of dishwasher, where water would pool up since it wasn’t draining.

Also, I have three cockroach traps underneath the unit, and once I replace the old pump with the new I will place a trap above the leak sensor...

Last edited:

jeff1

Staff member
Good idea with the traps!

We are seeing lots of drain hoses chewed by mice lately....maybe it is the cold weather or they overly like the drain hoses.

jeff.

evmibo

Premium Member
Well I just installed the new pump.

Now I have a blinking “heavy” error. (Leakage error). I took out the dishwasher AGAIN. The drain sensor in the bottom white tray was damp from taking off the old pump before to put the new pump on. I dried off the whole sensor, the white tray, etc and I’m still receiving the error. I’m going to let it dry out for 24 hours with a small fan shooting underneath (with the bottom floor block cover off), then try again tomorrow or the next day. Other than that I’m at my wits end with this dishwasher.

jeff1

Staff member
Is there a male-female connector at the base sensor you can undo for testing?

jeff.

evmibo

Premium Member
Yes. Will disconnecting that allow the dishwasher to actually run? The fan has been shooting down there for a while today. I may try and see if it’ll run tonight before trying to disconnect the leak sensor down there.