• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Samsung Dryer DV218AEW/XAA quit mid-cycle and now won't start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brett Anderson

Premium Member
Model Number
DV218AEW/XAA
Brand
Samsung
Dryer stopped 1/2 way through a drying cycle and the "cycle" and "drying" symbols were flashing on/off. When trying after unplugging overnight, those same indicator lights flash when I hit START. No attempted movement detected. I also noticed that, while I can change most settings, nothing lights up under "Dry Level". Curious if there is a tech manual that shows what the issue might be, or if one of you have experienced this. Picture attached.

Attachments

• IMG_7425.jpg
    IMG_7425.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 9

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Put it on sensor dry and see if "Dry Level" comes on. I could not locate the service manual for this model.

Its possibly your thermal fuse that went out. That also can cause the dryer to not run at all if its bad.

Here's the thermal fuse for your model:
Thermal Fuse DC47-00016A

Once you click on the link to that part there will be 2 videos that show you how to access it and test it.

The main reason the thermal fuse goes bad is air flow restrictions in your exhaust hose that goes to the outside of your home, lint build-up over the years effects the air flow, also go outside and check your dryer vent, that can clog up too.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, that would do it too.:)

Here's the belt for your model in case others need it too(Video Included):
Drive Belt 6602-001655

Thanks for the update!

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.