• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Samsung Dryer DV400EWHDWR/AA code HE

Stanifam

Model Number
DV400EWHDWR
Brand
Samsung
Our Samsung dryer is giving us code he. We have replaced the thermostat, thermistor, thermal fuse and checked/cleaned vents. It will run for a few (3-4) cycles and then give code he. It however, does not seem to be fully going into the cooling cycle despite the light being show that it is. Clothes are drying, maybe a little too warm. I was getting ready to order the heating element but after some internet searching it also seems like it could be the control board. Any direction advice? I’d hate to spend $ on something that was unnecessary but I also need this thing fixed instead of having to wait 2-3 days between parts when we see one is not fixing it.

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Hi,

A copy:

HE code.

Condition: Heating error (electric dryer)

Check/Repair: See if a house circuit breaker for the dryer is tripped; the dryer won’t heat if a leg of the 240-volt power supply is off. Unplug the dryer and check the wiring connections on the heating element. Reconnect any loose wires and replace the wire harness if damaged. Check the heating element for damage and replace the heating element if defective.

It however, does not seem to be fully going into the cooling cycle despite the light being show that it is. Clothes are drying, maybe a little too warm.
Might be a good idea to check for a grounded/grounding element.
LINK> http://www.applianceaid.com/grounded-elements-on-electric-dryers.php

If needed:

Heating-Element-DC97-14486A-01307608.jpg Dryer heating element assembly

OR...

Heating-Element-DC47-00019A-01312820.jpg Dryer Heating element

jeff.

Fatkatz

Premium Member
I’m having a similar problem with my Samsung dryer (model #DV203AES/XAC). It originally stopped working and displayed the error code He. After checking, i found the vent to the outside was blocked with lint so i cleaned it out but the dryer still displayed the He code. I’ve since replaced the thermal fuse and element and used a multimeter to test everything else and all was fine (even the element I replaced was still good 🙄) but it’s still shows the same He code. What else is there to check/replace?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
This thermistor:
DC32-00007A Dryer Thermistor

You can unplug the dryer and ohm test it, normal would be about 10k ohms at room temperature, 74 degrees Fahrenheit.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good, keep us posted.

Jeff would of helped you but he's taking time off this month.

Jake

Fatkatz

Premium Member
That was it! I was ready to throw in the towel and call a repairman but you nailed it. I’ve got my dryer up and running again. Thanks so much 👍🏼

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent, glad to hear the new thermistor fixed it. (y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake