• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Samsung Dryer DV40J3000EW/A2 Control Panel clicks at relay on start, motor does not start

stevieskyline

Premium Member
Model Number
DV40J3000EW/A2
Brand
Samsung
Recently I replaced the heating element, belt, and roller wheels. The dryer was working great for two weeks. Now, it the lights will turn on, but as soon as you hit start you hear a small click like a relay failing to click on.

I took the control panel off and tried to find the relay, and I believe it is this one I highlighted. Is there any way to replace any of these components, or is it just an order the whole assembly thing? The whole panel is epoxied down.

Is there anything you can recommend to me what may be causing this relay to just click?

20210926_124512.jpg

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Either the thermal fuse or door switch or belt switch or control board can be bad and cause the dryer not to run.

We will need to do process of elimination to find the bad part. If you assume its the control board and buy a new control board and that not fix it, then you just wasted over $100 for nothing, you see what I mean?

Lets ohm test your thermal fuse first. You will need a multimeter

Unplug the dryer from that wall outlet and ohm test your thermal fuse for continuity. When you click the part link to the thermal fuse below, you will see a video of HOW TO ohm test it.

Here's the thermal fuse for your model:
Thermal Fuse DC47-00016A

Here's the location of it on your model, that shows where its located:

Let us know what you find.

Jake

stevieskyline

Premium Member
Jake,

Thanks for the reply. The thermal fuse passed continuity, and the door switch is working (with the dryer on, pushing it in with the door open plays the sound indicating the door closed, and it allows me to press start and hear the click the post is about).

My main question is, how would I go about testing the belt switch? It seems to be a kind of off / on with the idler pulley up or down. I am confused on where to test this.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok,

Broken belt switch is near the bottom of the motor(Video included in part link):
Samsung 3405-001077 Broken Belt Switch

Watch this video to ohm test it:

Make sure you disconnect power to the dryer before accessing it and ohm testing it. Let us know what you find.

Jake

stevieskyline

Premium Member
Jake,

I tested the continuity on the broken belt switch and it passed continuity. Seems like the only thing left is the board itself, as everything else has passed continuity tests.

I made a short video showcasing the relay click I am talking about: Relay click

Does that sound like the relay failing?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, yes basically all it can be now is the control board. Yes, I heard the relay click in your video, it does sound like its failing. But I don't have the tech. data sheet on this model, we can't be 100% sure without it.

What we just did is process of elimination, and in theory the new control board should fix it. If we are wrong then you have $150 paperweight that you can't return for a refund, but you could resell it on ebay and get some of you money back. You know what I'm saying?

By the way, just to be on the safe side unplug your dryer and check all your wiring connections because you started the thread off saying this below:
Recently I replaced the heating element, belt, and roller wheels. The dryer was working great for two weeks. Now, it the lights will turn on, but as soon as you hit start you hear a small click like a relay failing to click on.
If you might of accidently left a wire connection loose, that could cause the dryer to not run as well.

Here's the control board for your model:
Assy Pcb Main DC92-01025D

Jake