Samsung Dryer DV42H5000EW/A, NO HEAT DURING CYCLE

Markus80

Premium Member
Model
DV42H5000
Brand
Samsung
DV42H5000EW/AC
Heater works during test mode (Press "Adj Time up" + "Temp", LCD displays "SC", Press "START"). All PCBs, thermistor, and moisture sensors changed. Dryer is clean and shows no other symptoms. No error codes. Resistances of both sensors (thermal and moisture) measure OK.
This is a mystery! Must have to reprogram the main board or something!

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Hi,

Proper power to the unit been checked? Black to red is 240 volts, red or black to white is 120 volts.

ll PCBs, thermistor, and moisture sensors changed.
Nothing mentioned about the thermostats.
Heating element ohmed ok?
Motor heat switch is working?

jeff.

rickgburton

Staff member
Usually when all the heater components check good but will only heat in diagnostic test mode, the heater drive circuit is bad on the control board. What's the part number of the boards you replaced?

Markus80

Premium Member
main pcb part numbers

Usually when all the heater components check good but will only heat in diagnostic test mode, the heater drive circuit is bad on the control board. What's the part number of the boards you replaced?
Hi and thanks for your help!
The old main board is 06DC9201606C394AF810404 and the new one is 06DC9201596D394AGB90521

Because the heating circuit works in test mode, previously posted questions may be unnecessary (jeff). However, the resistance of the element is fine and the voltage is fine. Thanks for your help!

rickgburton

Staff member
Those look a little too long to be part numbers. OK I see 06DC9201606C394AF810404 and 06DC9201596D394AGB90521 have the part number plus a lot of extra numbers. And here's the reason no one likes to work on these Samsung Appliances; I confirmed the part number on the Sears parts site #7-2 SAMSUNG DRYER Parts | Model DV42H5000EWA30000 | Sears PartsDirect You see it shows both of those part numbers, DC92-01606C and DC92-01596D. However, input either of those numbers into repairclinic's search field and you get a refrigerator dispenser control board:
Dispenser Control Board DC92-01596D
Dispenser-Control-Board-DC92-01596D-02354952.jpg

Insert the number into Appliancepartspros search field and the control board shows up however, insert your model number into the Appliance Compatibility Tool and it says the part is not compatible with your model number. Now I need a wire diagram for your machine and so far I haven't been able to locate one. If you have yours and can post it here, it would be a big help.

rickgburton

Staff member
Start the machine on timed dry about 40 minutes and select high heat. Measure the voltage between L1 (black wires) and L2 (red wires) on power cord terminal block. Then measure the voltage between L1 (black wires) and the blue wire on the high limit thermostat. Post the results here.

Markus80

Premium Member
Start the machine on timed dry about 40 minutes and select high heat. Measure the voltage between L1 (black wires) and L2 (red wires) on power cord terminal block. Then measure the voltage between L1 (black wires) and the blue wire on the high limit thermostat. Post the results here.
250V both cases, meaning that any of the three switches including relay, cut-off, or high-limit are open circuit. I DO know (but forgot to mention) that the relay is open circuit - it never closes during a cycle.

rickgburton

Staff member
The voltage measurements are good. I have no idea what you're trying to tell me here:
Markus80 said:
...meaning that any of the three switches including relay, cut-off, or high-limit are open circuit. I DO know (but forgot to mention) that the relay is open circuit
What relay? Does the high limit t-stat and the thermal cut off show continuity?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
All PCBs, thermistor, and moisture sensors changed.
Then you received a defective board, its very simple, have that board exchanged for another new one.

Jake

Markus80

Premium Member
Its not that simple, Jake. What are the chances that both the old board and the new one have the same problem, even when the two don't even have the same part number? I do agree though, that there is no other option here.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Like Rick mentioned:

Those look a little too long to be part numbers. OK I see 06DC9201606C394AF810404 and 06DC9201596D394AGB90521 have the part number plus a lot of extra numbers. And here's the reason no one likes to work on these Samsung Appliances; I confirmed the part number on the Sears parts site #7-2 SAMSUNG DRYER Parts | Model DV42H5000EWA30000 | Sears PartsDirect You see it shows both of those part numbers, DC92-01606C and DC92-01596D. However, input either of those numbers into repairclinic's search field and you get a refrigerator dispenser control board:
Dispenser Control Board DC92-01596D
View attachment 30641

Insert the number into appliancepartspros search field and the control board shows up however, insert your model number into the Appliance Compatibility Tool and it says the part is not compatible with your model number. Now I need a wire diagram for your machine and so far I haven't been able to locate one. If you have yours and can post it here, it would be a big help.
Did you get the new board locally in your area? If so what did the guy behind the counter say about the different part numbers?

Jake