• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Samsung dryer DV42H5000EW/A3 loses control power

Luscsmith

Premium Member
Model Number
DV42H5000EW/A3
Brand
Samsung
Good morning. I have a fairly new Samsung dryer and the control power drops out when the start button, drum light button or the door is opened but the drum light is on. I do have a meter that I use on a daily basis. When the power drops out I hear a click, guessing control power gone from relay, from the main board.
I will responses as they come in but I am home only on the weekends and not all weekends to make the test.

Thank you, Scott

Attachments

• 20210718_093154.jpg
    20210718_093154.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 50

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Let's test for Ghost Voltage, Which means you have a bad neutral in the breaker at the breaker box that the DRYER is plugged into.

PULL YOUR DRYER OUT FROM THE WALL--->To test for Ghost Voltage would be to put your meter probes on both HOT LEGS(OUTER TERMINALS) of your dryer's terminal block(WHERE YOUR POWER CORD CONNECTS TO) then have someone turn the dryer ON TIMED DRY 40 minutes and see if your meter drops from 240 volts after the person presses the START BUTTON.

Jake

Luscsmith

Premium Member
Jake I think that you hit the nail on the head and saved my house from a fire even. I have to leave town for work but will report back in the next week or two.

Scott

Attachments

• 20210718_182428.jpg
    20210718_182428.jpg
    182.5 KB · Views: 54

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yup, you nailed it.(y)

Seen that before many times on my service calls. You will need a need dryer cord and possibly a new 240 wall outlet, because that burnt one is caused by arching in the wall outlet, meaning it was a little loose, and that can be solved by a new dryer cord and new wall outlet.

Yes, keep us posted when you get back home.:)

Jake