FIXED Samsung Dryer DV42H5000EW/A3 No power to control panel

frabreeze

Premium Member
Model
DV42H5000EW
Brand
Samsung
Good evening, I', working on a Samsung dryer Model # DV42H5000EW/A3. when I first went to work on it the owner said she put a load in and went to turn it on and had no power to the front control, after taking the machine apart the heating element had shorted out to the housing, so I figured a new heating element would solve the problem because everything else checked out good (OHM ) After putting in the new element, the machine still didn't have power to the front control unit. The ECM looked good, no burnt spots and the wiring harness going to the control panel ohm out good. So I guess my question is can the heating element grounding out to the machine take out the control board and is that what I need to replace? Thanks. Also power coming in is 220V that i checked.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
.....can the heating element grounding out to the machine take out the control board and is that what I need to replace?
Yes, check for 120 VAC at the control board. I don't have the tech sheet for that model but you can look for L1 on the control board or follow the wire from the power cord to find where it connects to the board.
DC92-01607H

frabreeze

Premium Member
Ok, so if i'm getting 120v to the control panel part # DC97-18106D Then the user interface board DC92-01607H should lite up correct? I had my terminology wrong when i first sent my problem but i think you knew what I was talking about. the wires that I checked coming into the control had 110v is that sufficient?

rickgburton

Staff member
110 VAC is good. That's correct, the voltage gets changed to DC volts and it's getting lost on it's way to the display. That part should fix it.

frabreeze

Premium Member
Great that's what i was thinking but needed a experts second opinion. So pretty much any time something happens like this (interface not getting power) and the control board getting 110 and no sign of the control board being burnt, then the interface needs replaced?

rickgburton

Staff member
The control board and display are one part. Control sends DC voltage to display and UI