• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Samsung dryer DV42H5000EW/A3 no power to control panel

Eric007

Premium Member
Model Number
DV42H5000EW
Brand
Samsung
Hello,so a power line fell in front of the house and we got a serious power surge.The main control board Part #DC92-01596D was fried.

I replaced it and still nothing comes on the control panel not even the door light.

I don't see anything wrong with the board at the control panel Part #DC92-01607H. Could it bad also?Is there a way to check it?I replaced the noise filter on the matching washer and it fixed it.

Any help would me much appreciated.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Did you check the voltage at the terminal block where your power cord hooks up to? Use a multimeter to check for 240 volts across the 2 outer terminals, since your dryer light is not coming on either I would suspect a voltage problem to the dryer.

I see this happen a lot too:

FriedWires.jpg

Jake

Eric007

Premium Member
No i havent but i will check it tomorrow.Its at my parents house which is a hour away from me.Anthing else i should check while i am there if it does have 240 at the terminal block?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Nope, because that burnt control board should of fixed it.:)

Jake

Eric007

Premium Member
I checked and it had 240.So i took the new board off to get a good look at it.It looked good so hooked it back up.Kicked the breaker back on and hit power and it turned on and is working good.Everything was plugged up good and tight but something just wasnt making a good connection i guess.Thanks for the help Jake.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Eric, yes it sounds like you just had a loose connection on the new control board. (y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake