• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)
  • Important Announcement

    It's with sad news to announce that our site owner, Jake, has passed away. You can read the details here.

FIXED Samsung Dryer DV42H5200EW/A3-00 keeps blowing thermal cut off fuse (thermostat)

Not open for further replies.


Premium Member
Jan 23, 2022
Model Number
6-10 years
I have the Samsung DV42H5200EW/A3-00. I have replaced 3 heating elements on this dryer in the 6-8 years that I have had it, the last as recently as this past December. I now have a problem with the dryer blowing the thermal cut off fuse (thermostat). I have replaced it twice, the thermal fuse, the thermistor, made sure the air passage is unclogged, and I can't get through one cycle without blowing this thing. I have gotten to the point of being able to get this thing tore down in 3 minutes or less. I have checked the lint trap screen and cleaned it with soapy water just in case (didn't see any build up). What else is knocking out this thing? Thanks in advance.
Just replaced the thermostat, turned it on, got heat, turned it off. Put we clothes in and no heat.
That was the top wire attached to the thermostat. Could this have been from a possible short in the crimp from unplugging/plugging the connection to change the elements or is this a result of what is blowing the thermostat?


  • b1.jpg
    467.2 KB · Views: 675
  • b2.jpg
    382.7 KB · Views: 213
You will need to cut that burnt wire spot off and get a new FEMALE terminal connector and strip the wire insulation back a little on that wire and crimp it on.

I use this wire stripping tool:
Wire Stripper

I have checked the vent on the outside. It is blowing air hard enough to open the flap to the outside.
So I obtained a new female high temperature wire connector from my dad who had some left over from when he did appliance repair work before he retired, cut the bad spot off, put the new connector on along with heat shrink wrap, and the dryer went the entire cycle without blowing the load. Got round 2 washing now. Looks like the wire just wasn't connecting very well causing the circuit to overheat.
Ok, good, lets hope it holds up for the long term.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Support Our Site

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation, please consider making a donation.