• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Samsung Dryer DV42H5200EW/A3 Stuck Blower Wheel

Murphinelli

Premium Member
Model Number
DV42H5200EW/A
Brand
Samsung
Hi all,
I had an issue with my dryer motor (the notorious 5 seconds on, 2 min off) and ordered a new motor. Things were going well until I tried to remove the blower wheel. I removed the nut but cannot get the wheel off. It seems to have seized up on the shaft. I ended up ordering a new wheel as well because at this point, I just need the thing off. Is there a magical trick to getting the blower wheel unstuck? How should I go about getting it off now that it doesn't matter if I break it?

Many thanks!
Melissa

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I agree with Rick!

Another option is to return the motor and blower wheel for full refund, then order the complete motor and blower wheel assembly together as 1 unit:

Jake

Brianswensen

Premium Member
Definitely go with part DC93-00101U like Jake suggests. I change Samsung motors often and I always go with this. Taking the blower wheel off is always extremely difficult.

Murphinelli

Premium Member
Glad it's not just me! Good news, with combo of torch, chisel and some blood and sweat the wheel came off. Replaced the wheel and motor and everything is working now. Thanks all for your help! If this ever happens again I am definitely getting the part that Jake suggested - or I'll get a new dryer.