• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Samsung Dryer DV45K7600GW/A3 heats but stuck at 1 minute

jlibs11

Premium Member
Model Number
DV45K7600GW/A3
Brand
Samsung
Dryer heats fine but once the timer hits 1 minute it continues to run and never shuts off. I've been seeing a lot of info regarding the heating coil being grounded on electric dryers but not a whole lot of info for potential issues on gas ones.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, a grounded element is usually the cause of this issue on ELECTRIC models, but since yours is GAS that would not be the case.

Do a test without clothes in it--->If you run the dryer on either TIMER DRY or NOT HEAT/AIR FLUFF, does the dryer stay running?

If it still does that--->Unplug the dryer, measure the thermistor resistance using a multimeter. You should measure around 10,000 ohms of resistance at room temperature. Replace the thermistor if resistance is off. If thermistor resistance is okay and the wire harness is intact, replace the electronic control board.

Here's the thermistor for your model:
DC32-00007A Dryer Thermistor
samsung-dryer-thermistor-dc32-00007a-ap4201716_01_m.jpg

Here's the control board for your model: Assy Pcb MAIN DC92-01729B

Jake

jlibs11

Premium Member
Appreciate the feedback as well as links to the part numbers. I ran a timed dry for 5 minutes without any clothes and indeed it stayed running well past the 5 minutes and was still pretty hot inside the drum when I finally did shut it off. That being said I'll get a measurement on the thermistor.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, check the thermistor first.:)

Jake

jlibs11

Premium Member
So I tested the new thermistor just for safe measure and it read just over 10k ohms. I pulled out the old thermistor and it also tested just over 10k ohms. I swapped them out anyways and after another timed dry the behavior is not surprisingly the same. So I guess the next stop is the control board. My current concern with that is the there appears to be no screws to access it - just a bunch of plastic clips that look ripe for breaking (see attached picture of the underside of top of the dryer). And after studying them for a bit I cannot figure out which ones to even start with. Any suggestions on how I might finagle this control board out while minimizing the chances of snapping any of these plastic tabs? Google seems to be of little help for this model.

Attachments

• 2022-10-12 20_32_35-Photos.png
    2022-10-12 20_32_35-Photos.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 37

jlibs11

Premium Member
Actually I do see 2 screws on the backside of the top portion - I think that will be a good place to start. Would be grateful for any other tips though. Control board is ordered wish me luck .

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
This video gives you the general idea of how to replace the control board:

Control board is ordered wish me luck .
Yes, that should fix it then. Good Luck!

Jake

jlibs11

Premium Member
Control board did the trick! Appreciate your help. Oddly enough the old board did not indicate any signs of failure. No bad caps or charred spots on the board. I imagine perhaps one of the relays was possibly bad or stuck. Either way - thanks again!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent, glad to hear the new control board fixed it.(y)

Thanks for the update!

I imagine perhaps one of the relays was possibly bad or stuck.
Yes, I agree.

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.