• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Samsung Dryer Not Heating DV48H7400EW/A2

Force098

Premium Member
Model Number
DV48H7400EW/A2
Brand
Samsung
Does anyone happen to have a wiring diagram for a Samsung DV48H7400EW/A2 dryer?

The dryer turns on and runs, but no heat is being generated by the coil. I've replaced the common offenders: heating coil, fuses, thermostat and thermistor. I checked the outer pins on the centrifugal switch and it seemed to activate fine when the plate is pushed back. A multimeter confirmed that there's a connection on those outer pins when the plate is back. I also confirmed that the plate rotates back when the dryer is turned on. So, I replaced the control board assuming it was something with the heating relay, but the issue persists.

I was reading through some of the other forum posts and found that there's another pair of pins that may need to be checked on the centrifugal switch, but I don't have a wiring diagram for the dryer to know exactly what to check.

If anyone could share that diagram I'd really appreciate it. I'd also love any additional recommendations on troubleshooting steps.

Edit:
I forgot to mention that I used a spare piece of electrical cable to jump the wires that connect to the heating relay and the coil heated up fine.

bigbuck

Appliance Tech
Staff member
It uses the same wiring diagram!

Attachments

• Samsung DV48H7400EW:A2 Dryer .png
    Samsung DV48H7400EW:A2 Dryer .png
    565.5 KB · Views: 366

Force098

Premium Member
Really appreciate the help! I took apart that centrifugal switch and found that one of the contacts had fallen off and was preventing a connection between the black and yellow wires. I soldered that piece back on, tested the switch and got continuity when the switch plate was pulled back. Sadly, the heat still didn't turn on. I went through and retested the originally swapped components and they're all looking good.

Force098

Premium Member
Disregard my last message! I went back to double check my work and realized that I didn't put in the copper pins for 1 on the switch after soldering. I think I was so excited to have found a problem and fix it, that I forgot to put that part back in. Needless to say it's working great! Thanks so much for your posts bigbuck, they've been incredibly helpful and you saved me a ton of money.

Below is the copper plate that the contact had fallen off (post sanding with 1000 grit):

And here's the contact that fell off:

I soldered that piece back on and it's working like a charm. I'm not familiar with these contacts or why it would be so easy for one to fall off. Are they meant to burn out like that intentionally in certain circumstances?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks bigbuck for posting the wiring diagram!

Glad to hear you fixed it.(y)

Are they meant to burn out like that intentionally in certain circumstances?
No, not that I'm aware of.

The centrifugal switches in Samsung Dryer motors are not the best quality. You would never see this happen on a Maytag or Whirlpool Dryer.:)

Jake