• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Samsung DV330AE Dryer - Centrifugal Switch

dm0ney

Premium Member
Model Number
DV330AE
Brand
Samsung
Hi, when I turn on my dryer it hums, but the drum doesn't spin even though the timer counts down. I disassembled it and confirmed that the belt and pulleys are fine, and I used a multimeter to confirm that most of the parts were good (control board, belt switch, motor, heater thermostats, etc).

When examining the motor, I noticed the centrifugal switch was engaged, and when I pressed on it near the motor shaft, it disengaged. After reassembling the dryer, I turned on the dryer and then the drum spun. However, after I stopped it and tried again, it just hums again and the drum doesn't spin.

From that, I'm guessing that the problem is the centrifugal switch not disengaging. Does this mean I need to replace the motor or is there more troubleshooting I can do to determine why it is getting stuck in the "engaged" position?

Thanks.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, the motor will need to be replaced. Your missing some digits in your model number. It does make a difference to make sure you order the correct model for your dryer.

Here's the motor for model DV330AEB/XAA-0002 and DV330AEB/XAA-0003 you can order:
DC31-00055G Motor

Here's the motor for model DV330AEB/XAA-0000 you can order:
DC31-00055D Induction Dryer Motor

There is a Video included in part link that shows you how to replace it.

Let us know how it goes.

Jake

dm0ney

Premium Member
Thanks for the reply.

Both stickers (inside door & on back) just list the model as DV330AEW/XAA (date of 2010.04). I assume that is the same as XAA-0000 meaning my motor is 55D rather than 55G?

Thanks.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, if its just DV330AEW/XAA then you need 55D, you are correct.:)

Let us know how it goes.

Jake