• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Samsung DV337AEG - How to replace heater reply embedded in resin!?!

captainsemtex

Model Number
DV337AEG
Brand
Samsung
I've had to repair my Samsung dryer many times. I know it very well and how to test and replace many parts. When the heater stopped working (again) I tested all the usual components, thermostat, thermistor, heating element etc. but this time they all checked out. This led me to the main PCB and after testing the heater relay I have discovered it is faulty.

In only costs <$10 to replace this relay but Samsung have embedded the whole main PCB in a resin!! Any clues how I can replace the relay because the main PCB is no longer available from anywhere. Right now I'm looking at having to spend $500+ on a new dryer because I cannot replace a $10 part.

Your ideas are appreciated.

Here are two photos. The first photo shows the relay embedded in resin.

The second photo shows how the plastic around one of the relay contacts has melted.

Attachments

• resin.jpg
    resin.jpg
    257.8 KB · Views: 39
  • melted.jpg
    melted.jpg
    420 KB · Views: 39

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
Most appliance technicians don't usually replace individual components of a PCB. They just replace the whole electronic control. I don't know if it is even possible on one treated like that. I've seen similar used in automobiles, presumably to keep moisture out?.

You can find one new one and a couple of used ones at the following link:

LINK > Samsung MFS-DV327L-00 PCB

JFYI

Dan O.

captainsemtex

Thank you for this Dan O. I actually did look in eBay but found nothing... possibly because I was looking at Canada. But the link you provided has some possibility.

Thanks again.

Ian