• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Samsung DV45H7000EW/A2 Dryer Turns On- Does Not Spin

zodiarkk

Model Number
DV45H7000EW/A
Brand
Samsung
The dryer turns on, does not give any error codes, but does not spin. Upon starting any type of cycle and pressing Start, I hear a faint 'click' and then absolutely nothing happens. The timer will still count down as if the dryer is performing the cycle. It makes absolutely no other noise that would indicate it doing anything whatsoever. I disassembled the entire dryer after watching tutorials, and did not spot anything obviously wrong mechanically. The belt appears totally fine (and was replaced 2-3 years ago). The drum rolls by hand, with the tension you'd expect. The roller axles seem fine, the pulley appears to be totally fine, nothing seems mechanically out of place based on what I've looked over. I cleaned everything out thoroughly, reassembled everything correctly, and it still does the same thing. Short of it being an issue with the board or something else electronic, I'm at a loss.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi, either the thermal fuse or door switch or belt switch can be bad and cause the dryer not to run.

Lets ohm test your thermal fuse first. Do you have a multimeter? If so, unplug the dryer from that wall outlet and ohm test it for continuity. When you click the part link to the thermal fuse below, you will see a video of HOW TO ohm test it.

Here's the thermal fuse for your model:
Thermal Fuse DC47-00016A

Here's the location of it on your model, that shows where its located:

Let us know what you find.

Jake