Samsung DW80F600UTS...No Power nor touchpad response until.....

piste

Premium Member
Model Number
DW80F600UTS
Brand
Samsung
I unplug it for a handful of hours or so. The dishwasher is just under 2 yrs old...just died the other night showing no signs of life. I confirmed power going in..then unplugged it overnight. Next morning plugged it back in and worked like a charm...ran full cycle. got home that night...dead again. Unplugged for a handful of hours...and boom...back to life. Plugged it back in last night...this morning dead again. Can someone point me in the right direction? Need replace main control board?

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Hi,

DW80F600UTS
Look for a version # between the model# and serial#.

just died the other night showing no signs of life
4 things we have seen.
House fuse/breaker.
Loose main power wire/wire nut where the power enters the d/w.
PCBoard.
Key panal.

If needed...

Version 0
Main-Control-Board-DD92-00033C--01876570.jpg Power control board

Version 01
Main-Control-Board-DD82-01139B--01857468.jpg Main Control Board

jeff.

piste

Premium Member
Thank you Jeff. It is either PC board or Key panel with very high probability of PC Board. there is consistent power to the unit and main power is NOT loose. Ten times out of ten that I tried...it requires several hours of being unplugged before replugging in will bring it back to life. AND it will work for at least an hour or two before it then dies again. The last few feet of the cord where it goes into the dishwasher is not disturbed at all during the plugging/unplugging. What this sez to me is that "something" in the circuitry is crapping out under the constant "pressure" of a power load...but not crapping out to a permanent death. Rather the unplugging for hours lets the residual/stored charge dissipate enough so that it can be brought back to life by plugging back in....until it does it all over again. When the unit IS working...the key panel responds per normal so I am "assuming" that is not the problem.

But my REAL problem is this....There is NO version # on my tag...see attached. That being the case...and assuming it is indeed the PC Board....which one should I get in the absence of a version #?? Unit is roughly 2 years old.

Also, if I do get a PC board and it proves not be the culprit...is it returnable?

Again...much thanks.

Attachments

jeff1

Staff member

jeff1

Staff member
Your welcome, if you get a chance...let us know how the repair went.

jeff.

piste

Premium Member
Well....not so good. I mean the boards swapped simple enuf. Got some power...started a cycle....it was in wash mode and then lights went out about 10 mins into it....but it seemed stuck in wash cycle which it was continuing to perform. Opened the door to interrupt and it went back to being completely dead. Plugging and unplugging did nothing.

So I then unplugged it and took a peek in the power unit and all the wire nuts seemed snug. Put that back on...plugged it back in....went to the bathroom...and the thing starts up in wash cycle again...but again no lights. I've been letting it run about 30 minutes now and it just keeps going...no draining or nothing. Do you think it could be the key panel?

jeff1

Staff member
just died the other night showing no signs of life
it was in wash mode and then lights went out about 10 mins into it....but it seemed stuck in wash cycle which it was continuing to perform.
Sounds like a different/new issue.

I've been letting it run about 30 minutes now and it just keeps going...no draining or nothing
Will it drain if you hold the start button down for 3-5 seconds?

I'd be inclined to have the board replaced and do the key panal at the same time.....kinda suspicious of that one.

Touchpad-DD92-00037B--01849671.jpg Touchpad

jeff.

piste

Premium Member
Nope...she is completely dead now. holding start button ....or any other button for that matter....for any length of time...gives no response whatsoever. So now I have dirty soapy water sitting in the bottom.

Guess I'll have to order/try the key panel and see what happens...the old "diagnosis by wallet"!! If the key panel doesn't do it I'll return both parts and go buy a Bosch. If the key panel works with the new power control board...will try with the old power control board ....and if that works...return the power control board I didn't need.

Thanks for the assistance. Very frustrating problem..and always extra fun around the holidays!!!

jeff1

Staff member
Keep us posted.

jeff.

wildimaginations

Appliance Tech
I think you have a bad outlet. Try running an extension cord to another outlet and see if the dishwasher will work.

jeff1

Staff member
Interesting theory....why would it get stuck in wash mode?

jeff.

wildimaginations

Appliance Tech
Possibly a corrupt software program. If unplugging the unit doesn't reset the pc board, you may need to replace the board.

jeff1

Staff member
Gottacha....2 issues.

jeff.

piste

Premium Member
HELP!!! Finally got the key panel in the mail today...it was backordered forever. Got the door apart and the plastic housing out....but can't figure out how to get the plastic housing apart to swap out the key panel circuit board!! Anybody????

jeff1

Staff member
Take the console off and disconnect wires ( take a picture of the wires just in case )....I usually start one end of the key panal off by carefully prying with a small flat pocket sized screwdriver ( yes you may leave a small mark ) as these are adhered with a double sized like tape.

jeff.

qazijadoo

Premium Member
Samsung DW80F600UTS No power

I have tried to leave it powered off for over night but it won't turned on. Checked the power cable at the bottom where it plugs into dishwasher, power is good till there.

M/C DW80F600UTS/AC 01.

Can someone help what next step I should be taking to fix this issue?

jeff1

Staff member
I opened up the PC box but not sure how to check power to it
Call someone in to have it checked then.

jeff.