Samsung DW80J7550UG error (blink 3 time & chime 3 times)

Relentless85

Premium Member
Model Number
DW80J755
Brand
Samsung
Samsung DW80J7550UG dishwasher. After pressing the start button the units chimes 3 times and blinks the light under the handle 3 times but does not display a code on the screen.

After about 5 time of the blinking and chiming, the unit will finally start filling with water.

I can’t find any info on what it is doing since it won’t give me a code on the screen.

Any ideas on what is causing the blink and chime with no error code?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

Relentless85

Premium Member
Well i must be doing something wrong. I read page 44 of the manual.

I pulled the software version by holding the zone booster L and R and Power button at the same time. It is showing version 7136.

Now if I do the check code recall process by powering the unit on the. Holding the normal and lower key, I don’t get any codes or beeps just a snowflake/star burst symbol on the display.

I can’t seem to get it to give me a code. But there is something definitely wrong with this thing. Any ideas on how I can get it to give me a code?

Upon power on and cycle start, the drain pump starts to run then I hear a grinding noise as the water wall arm moves toward the front and rear of the unit. Then followed by the 3 chimes and light flash.

If I power it on in test mode then hold the normal and lower buttons I get a bC2 code, but from what I read that is just telling me that a button has been held too long?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
That's odd, I really don't know then.

Hopefully another tech. that's seen this problem before can shed some light on it for us.

Other than that its best to contact Samsung to come out to see what's going on.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, it seems you are.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok good.

(click to enlarge)
2019-05-03.png

Jake

Gert

Premium Member
Hello. I am having the same (3 chime, 3 blink) issue on our DW80J9945US.
s/w v 7142
What would my next steps be in this case?

Thank you

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Read my Post #2 about pulling the error code.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I don't see a error code dC in your service manual. It's best to have Samsung come out to see what's going on. I don't work on Samsung products, I'm just going by the service manual.

Jake

Gert

Premium Member
I don't see a error code dC in your service manual. It's best to have Samsung come out to see what's going on. I don't work on Samsung products, I'm just going by the service manual.

Jake
Unfortunately the cost to have a tech come see this machine is higher than replacing the unit due to mileage. I am attempting to exhaust all options prior to going down that road.
I did not see my software version in the manual posted above either. could there be a more recent manual available elsewhere? In your experience would contacting Samsung directly be of benefit?

Thanks for your help with this.

Relentless85

Premium Member
Ok, I finally had some more time to mess with mine. I connected water and power to the dishwasher and pulled a 7C code.

Appears 7C has to do with the motor that moves the water wall on the bottom inside of the dishwasher. From what I read there is a motor that drives the water wall and there is some sort of sensor that detects where the water wall arm position is.

I did take a video of the arm trying to move. The motor make a loud sound like it is trying to move the water wall arm but the arm only moves a little bit sometimes and other times it moves like it is supposed to.

Looking for part number for the waterwall drive motor and the sensor too. Any ideas on what part numbers they are?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, I finally had some more time to mess with mine. I connected water and power to the dishwasher and pulled a 7C code.

Appears 7C has to do with the motor that moves the water wall on the bottom inside of the dishwasher. From what I read there is a motor that drives the water wall and there is some sort of sensor that detects where the water wall arm position is.

I did take a video of the arm trying to move. The motor make a loud sound like it is trying to move the water wall arm but the arm only moves a little bit sometimes and other times it moves like it is supposed to.

Looking for part number for the waterwall drive motor and the sensor too. Any ideas on what part numbers they are?
This is the waterwall drive motor:

Its out-of-stock at RepairClinic, but in-stock here:

This is your sensor:

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
In your experience would contacting Samsung directly be of benefit?

Thanks for your help with this.
No, its best to buy a new dishwasher, Samsung has had so many issues with their dishwashers its not even funny.

I recommend Maytag Dishwashers, I own a Maytag myself and not a single issue in 10 years.

Jake