FIXED Samsung DW80J7550UG error (blink 3 time & chime 3 times)

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes I see that, I really don't know Carol, That's the only service manual I could locate for this DW80J755 model.

Samsung appliances are not popular in my area of Western Arizona, so I don't really have any service calls on them to tell you from experience, I just go by the service manual as well.

Hopefully another tech. or member that has more insight on this can assist you.

Jake

Tdavis10

Premium Member
I am having the same problem with my Samsung dishwasher. After reading this thread, It seems this is more common than I originally thought. I called the help line and the lady said if there wasn’t an error code it was fine but like everyone has mentioned it has been making a noise then stopping after a few minutes and flashing and blinking. It then goes on through the wash cycle but nothing on the bottom rack is clean. I never had this problem before. We have tried to scrub the inside out thinking maybe it was hard water build up but that didn’t help. I’m going to order the vane sensor today and replace that to see if it does anything.
This is a very frustrating issue to have because our machine is fairly new and the service member on the line told us it wouldn’t be covered under warranty unless the bottom spray arm itself was broken. If the vane sensor replacement doesn’t work, I wonder if the motor for the arm is covered under warranty? The part Jake suggested up top is $140 and the vane sensor is $26.

CaraS

Premium Member
I am updating my issue in the event to help someone else. I had a service tech come out. The code bc-3 (which wasn't real clear and seemed more like a process of elimination) was showing check for condensation or evaporation. There was no sign of either and the tech felt confident mine just needed cleaned. I put about a cup of white vinegar on the top rack and ran the clean mode. It fixed it.

Hope this helps someone else.

Tdavis10

Premium Member
I tried the vinegar on the bottom rack and that didn’t seem to help much. I ordered the vane sensor so I’ll try that and see, if not I’ll run vinegar on the top rack and last resort have the tech come out. Thanks for the update! It’s helpful to get follow up!

JMcT

Premium Member
Samsung DW80J7550UG. I was having the same 3 beep, 3 flashing problem. I found a spoon had blocked the WaterWall (bottom arm) and the WaterWall arm seemed askew. After removing the spoon and fixing the WaterWall arm, I still had the same flashing problem even after many restarts. Following your instructions, my error code was dC. When I restarted the dishwasher, I could hear it move the WaterWall arm back and forth three times then give me the 3 beeps and 3 flashes. Finally, per Samsung instructions found elsewhere, I turned off the circuit breaker to the dishwasher for 5 minutes (Samsung said at least 2 minutes) and then I turned the breaker back on. The dishwasher reset and it is now working normally.

JMcT

Premium Member
Jake-

I have the same model (DW80J755) and I have read and re-read pulling the code. The software code that it gives me is 713E. I'm confused because the page 44 shows a different model. And the software code that my Samsung is showing isn't even there. Any thoughts?

The only "codes" it is giving are "bc2" and "dc"

Thank you in advance.

Carol
I get 713E also. I think it's the software version number. You need to hit another button to get the error code (Auto button).