• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Samsung DW80K5050US/AA 03 touch control panel Issue

akkhandelwal

Premium Member
Model Number
DW80K5050US
Brand
Samsung
I have a samsung DW80K5050US/AA 03 having strange issues.

The touch panel sometimes have power and responds to the touches normally. However during the wash cycle, it will loose power after about 10 minutes with standing hot water in the tub. After this , the touch panel has no power and will not respond to any touches for quite sometime. After a reset breaker or wait of over an hour, the touch paenl shows rinse and 17* and will not respond to any touches. After some more time, it will respond to the touches normally.

sometimes, the diagnostic cycle will complete with no error codes and sometimes the touch panel will go dead before the cycles are completed. At the end of the diagnostic cycle, it show 0t, I am not sure what that means.

The touch panel was replaced 2 years back under warranty.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

akkhandelwal

Premium Member
The Circuit boards are warranted for 5 years for parts, and I had to explain in details every time I called Samsung customer service.

First time they sent only the circuit board for the touch assembly, and the technician was confused as to how to replace it in a sealed system. 2nd time they sent the complete touch assembly and also covered the entire repair including labor as a special one time consideration.

So finally it was fixed. Though, I am not sure how long this will last.

Thanks

Ashok

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

akkhandelwal

Premium Member
Hi Jack,

Out of curiosity. I see the circuit board (Samsung part no dd82-01337b) can be bought separately too. Is it replaceable? I am thinking about the next breakdown event.

Thanks

Ashok

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member