• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Samsung electric range FER300SX not maintaining oven temperature

Status
Not open for further replies.

mvan70

Premium Member
Model Number
FER300SX
Brand
Samsung
hello all, my oven will heat up, and then will start to lose temperature. The display registers the set temp. but upon shutting the oven off and re-setting to the desired temp, the display, shows clearly that the oven isnt maintaining temperature. Any possible solution will be greatly appreciated thank you.

mvan70

Premium Member
Thanks rick.. is that a picture of and the part # of the oven sensor for the samsung range?

mvan70

Premium Member
ok... thanks again..ill have to borrow an ohm meter so it may take a few days..ill try to update.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
If you plan to continue repairing your appliances as they break down, it might be best to purchase your own DMM. They are not that expensive and come in handy for a lot more than just appliance repair. This one is less than $20 and will also measure temperatures:

Digital Multimeter DM10T

mvan70

Premium Member
Yep bought my own...Ok took the sensor out and proceeded to check resistance, numbers went all over but held steady at 1070 1080 a couple of times. However the probes of my new multi-meter didnt exactly fit into the tiny connector, so i cut two smaller pieces of wire to stick into the connector, then used the probes contacting the smaller wires. Not sure if the oven sensor is bad or not. Put it back together with same results as before, heats up then doesnt maintain. The control panel clicks and switches like its working.

mvan70

Premium Member
Easy as pie! Now my wife can bake one..Thanks again rick and the rest at applianceblog, great forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.