• ** REMEMBER! **The microwave can still shock you even unplugged!!

ALWAYS discharge the high-voltage capacitor first if you even think your hands will come close to any HIGH VOLTAGE components.

Jeff mentions this: Anything in the high voltage ( magnetron, capacitor, diode, wires to and from ):
    ...Use a metal ( not the shiny chrome type ) screw driver with a insulated handle to short across ( touch both at the same time ) the terminals of the high voltage capacitor to discharge it.

From Jeff's site: http://www.applianceaid.com/component-testing.php

Jake

samsung fault code

larry harding

Premium Member
a customer brought in a samsung m/o mod.mr1034uwd ser.7mbxc00269w. after being plugged in for a few seconds it would go to an e-5 code and wouldn't take any commands. i unplugged the key pad and reconnected the oven to power, every thing o k, reconnected the key pad and everything is working as it should. i can't locate the fault codes on the internet. can anyone help? i am afraid it is not fixed even though it is working at this time.

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Hi,

Even the service manual doens't mention fault codes :mad:

jeff.

nodiscnts

Appliance Tech
Its probably to late but that error is for the touch key pad. There is a recall on some of these m/w made for rv's. The unit will start cooking while the customers on vacation and catch on fire. At least thats what happened to my customer.