• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Samsung French door model RF265ABBP, Fridge only reads correct temperatures after restarting fridge, then just displays the temps that you set it at.

Damian_Ireland

Premium Member
Model Number
RF265ABBP/XAA
Brand
Samsung
The Fridge seems to cool down to temps, but only after unplugging and then plugging it back in, it will read correct temps for between 30 minutes or an hour or two, hard to tell exactly how long. But eventually the fridge goes into a state where the temp displays just show whatever I set the temp to, not the actual temp. Of-course this creates an issue because the fridge believes it is at the correct temp, and it is not. In order to get the fridge at the correct temp I sometimes have to reset the fridge a couple times in an hour or more, but at some point it will just go back to being stuck showing only the temps I set it at.

I have replaces the temp sensor in the upper left hand side of the evaporator coil in the back panel of the fridge, it seemed to show the correct temp for awhile at first, but hours later it went back to doing the same thing. There is a problem of some ice buildup and i believe the defrost thermistor could be faulty, I have a replacement coming in soon, but i have searched older posts form different sites with this same problem, it was said replacing all temp sensors and even the inverter board and mother board did not fix it, so I doubt this will fix it. Compressor gets a little warm but seems to be working, all coils have been cleaned in the back free of dust, coil/compressor fan works as well. I have also held the power freeze and power cool buttons until it resets, the only error code that I think is being displayed is the defrost thermistor, which I am fixing soon. Thank you.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

Damian_Ireland

Premium Member
That is the temp sensor I replaced yes thank you, I do know there is apparently another "ambient" temp sensor on the top where the light assembly is in the fridge. I'm not sure what they do in correlation to one another.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Then I'm puzzled as well, hopefully another tech. that's seen this specific problem can assist you. This is a problem I've not run into before.

Jake

Maxrfd

Premium Member
You may find this of help. I had same "problem" with temperature read out.