• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Samsung French Door RF28HFEDBSR/AA still too cold after multiple repairs - thoughts?

Bakerhaub

Premium Member
Model Number
RF28HFEDBSR/AA
Brand
Samsung
Greetings. I've gained a lot of knowledge from this forum and have replaced 3 of the generally recommended parts on my Samsung fridge. Problem is the fridge food area is staying around 26F (measured with digital thermometer) but we have the control panel set at 36F. Freezer works fine. Items replaced so far are:
DA32-10104N Temp Sensor behind removable panel at top of fridge
DA47-00244U Defrost heater assembly (OEM)
DA32-00011C Temp Sensor built in to the removable panel
Still no luck. Anyone got any ideas? Did I buy the right parts? Thanks in advance.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok,

The only part left that would cause this problem is the main control board.

Here's the main control board for your model:
DA94-02679B

Jake

Bakerhaub

Premium Member
Thanks Jake. Just placed the order. Did not find a video on internet for how to replace. Is this board behind the control panel or in back of the fridge? Thanks.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Its located in the back of the refrigerator, just pull the refrigerator out from the wall, then unplug it, then you will see a cover on the back exterior wall, remove that cover and the main control board is underneath it.

All the electrical connectors come off the old board, and onto to the new board. The board is usually held in by 4 screws.

Jake

Bakerhaub

Premium Member
Jake it worked! Thanks much for the recommendation on the board. My internal temp and my control panel temp match for the first time in months! For others that may have this problem here's what I replaced and in this order:
DA32-10104N Temp Sensor behind removable panel at top of fridge
DA47-00244U Defrost heater assembly (OEM)
DA32-00011C Temp Sensor built in to the removable panel
DA94-02679B Main Control Board (back of fridge behind panel)

The first 3 repairs did not solve the problem but the Main Board replacement did. I have included an attachment as an FYI for people. When I removed the back panel I could really smell the odor of "cooked electronics". Told me something probably failed on that board. Shared on the attachment where the cooked smell came from if it's of any value to people troubleshooting. Thanks again Jake.

Attachments

• Samsung Fridge.pdf
    232.8 KB · Views: 112

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent @Bakerhaub glad to hear the new control board fixed it.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Yes, I see from the .pdf photo where it burnt.

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.