• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Samsung fridge RB194ACRS door rack holder crack

tonydad

Premium Member
Model Number
RB194ACRS
Brand
Samsung
Hi,
Hope everyone is staying strong this pandemic. During this period, we often buy more groceries and staying home as much as we could.
With the weight of two jars of milk the fridge door just gave it away. We had to remove the rack now cause the door doesn't close properly.
See pictures below.

Is this is repairable?
There is repair kit like Samsung DA81-05595A A/S-Epoxy. What is this kit for? Can I use it to fix my fridge?
Any comment/suggestion is more than welcome.
Thank you
Tony

IMG20200816005929.jpg
IMG20200816005945.jpg

71t-g06n3hL._AC_SY879_.jpg

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
That kit looks like just silicone and tape to cover it with. I doubt it would provide any structural support. The kit is likely for just repairing cracks in the flat surface of the inner refrigerator liner. Other manufacturers have similar too.

There are plastic 'welding' kits but they are specific to the exact type of plastic used. I don't know what that is on your model. And they're more for just cracks too, not gaping holes.

You might get away with an epoxy but I don't know a specific one to recommend. Maybe fibreglass but you should be careful about the toxicity of whatever you use around food stuffs.

The usual solution is replacing the inner door panel... when the door is not foamed together by its insulation. When it is, replacing the whole door would be necessary.

Dan O.

Last edited:

tonydad

Premium Member
Hi Dan,
Thank you for the detailed response. I did look up youtube and someone's solution was to place a nail on the door to hold the tray.
The broken fridge is not ours and we feel the obligation to fix it.
I am thinking about getting a used fridge of the same model and switch the inner door panel/foam. How hard is it to replace the inner door panel of a fridge like this one, or do I need to seek a professional's help? (obviously I'm not an appliance professional).
Thank you
Tony

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
tonydad said:
How hard is it to replace the inner door panel of a fridge like this one

It is impossible on that model. I looked it up and that door is held together by the foamed in insulation. The inner and outer panels are not designed to be separated. And if they were, I don’t know how they’d be put back together again.

On that model the whole door would have to be replaced and a new door assembly is discontinued and is NLA. If you can find a comparable model, you’d have to swap the whole door.

Dan O.

tonydad

Premium Member
I was able to find the part number DA91-03653A. It is now discontinued. I thought it was just the interior panel. Now I find out it is the entire door minus the control panel....You are right. My best chance is the replace the door.
Thank you
Tony