• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Samsung fridge RF24FSEDBSR/AA water dispenser works intermittently

T.tran19

Model Number
RF24FSEDBSR/AA
Brand
Samsung
I’ve had my Samsung fridge for about 5 years now. The water dispenser stop working a few months back after I changed out the water filter. It’s hasn’t stop completely. It would work every other time when I would try it. I’ve tried putting the old water filter back and it didn’t fix it. I’ve tried taking the water filter out. Nothing. Unplugged it to see if it was maybe frozen. Still nothing. The ice maker still works and when I’m trying to get water, I can hear the motor running. Are there any other ideas before I try to check the inlet value? Is there also a way to check it without using a multimeter? Thanks

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
I can hear the motor running.
Probably the water valve being energized. That doesn't mean it's opening. Remove the water valve mounting screws so you can maneuver the valve. Disconnect the water line from the valve that goes to the dispenser. Hold the valve over a bucket and press the the dispenser. No water, bad water valve. If water comes out of the valve you'll need to break the water system by components to find the blockage.

DA62-04027A Valve Water-2WAY
samsung-valve-water-2way-da62-04027a-ap5781481_01_l.jpg