• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Samsung Front Load washer WF42H5600AP/A2 makes a strange noise when trying to spin

1SickTSI

Premium Member
Model Number
WF42H5600AP/A
Brand
Samsung
Washer model# is WF42H5600AP/A2 and it is making a weird noise when trying to spin. I have tested the stator and it is reading 12.2 ohms on any combination of plugs. Manual states 11.6 +/- 7% so i am in that range of being good. Next i thought maybe the Hall sensor was bad so i replaced that with a brand new one and still did not help. Does anybody have an idea of what this could be?

Not sure how to add a video so below is a link to the video i uploaded on youtube.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Can you turn the inside drum with your hand both ways freely?

Jake

1SickTSI

Premium Member
yea, it spins freely and makes no noise when spinning it by hand. I should have added that it does the same thing when it spins or agitates. Maybe the stator is actually bad even though it is within the range of the ohms?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, you will need to take the stator motor off and look it over closely to see if its cracked or damaged. Unplug your washer first!

If its cracked or damaged, then that's the reason its not working and not turning the inner drum.

Here's the stator motor for your model:
Drive Motor Stator

There is a video when you click the stator motor part link that shows you how to remove and replace it.

Jake

1SickTSI

Premium Member
Already have, 3 different times to reinspect and retest, then install and retest the ohms at the connector at the PCB. There is nothing wrong with the stator, no cracks, no damage and the ohms are correct. I am leaning towards it being the PCB.