• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Samsung Gas Dryer - DV45H7000GW/A2 - POWER and START/PAUSE buttons very difficult to activate

Scott Walker

Premium Member
Model Number
DV45H7000GW
Brand
Samsung
When I try to turn dryer on, I have to press both POWER and START/PAUSE buttons at least 20 times until I am lucky enough to find the "sweet spot" where they finally activate. I press hard, I press lightly, I hold for 3+ seconds, and I have to move my finger all around the buttons to get them to finally activate.

Any guidance on what parts I would need and whether this is a reasonably easy repair (that is, could I do it myself)?

Dryer is ~4 years old and other than this problem it runs and performs fine.

Thanks in advance.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Sounds like the user interface is failing. It's not a difficult repair. Whether or not you can do it depends on your mechanical ability. If you've done other similar types of repairs you can do it.

Scott Walker

Premium Member
Thank you, Rick.
I online chatted with Samsung last night and they told me that the two buttons/switches are part of the control board assembly - Part # DC92-01626B - and that is what I need to replace - does that sound right to you?

=======

Sounds like the user interface is failing. It's not a difficult repair. Whether or not you can do it depends on your mechanical ability. If you've done other similar types of repairs you can do it.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member

Scott Walker

Premium Member
YO RICK - Great call! I just chatted again with Samsung and they agree with you, that I need the Subassembly (01624H that you identified), and NOT the Control Board. You saved me lots of hassle and days of delay - thank you so much!

bob wilson

Had the same problem with DV48H&400GWA2 gas dryer. The "Power On" button would only work sometimes. You would have to press it harder and longer to get it to work.
I took the sub panel out of the case There are a series of push button switches mounted on it. I tested the push button switch in the "Power On" location with an ohmmeter. It didn't work sometimes. To save time I switched it with the "mixed load bell" push button switch which is hardly ever used.
The dryer starts with ease now. The loud bell switch needs a little more pressure but seems to work OK also.