• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Samsung Induction Cooktop NE597N0PBSR/AA - E84 ERROR

Vakil

Premium Member
Model Number
NE597N0PBSR/AA
Brand
Samsung
This cookstop was installed in 2016 and rare use until 2019. The error kept coming in late June, called Samsung technician they said power off/on and reset. Tried few times and did not work.
Scheduled Samsung technician who came after 10 days and did not know what the error code is. I had to show the manual to him and as Samsung kept telling me that it is communication error and no need to worry or scared.

Samsung technician came last week, did not know what to do, called Samsung technical support and they told him to change PCB and inverter and he said I dont know and we have to reschedule. Meanwhile I have been on phone with Samsung as we are without stove and no one seems to know what's going on. I called again today and asked what the status and they said they have scheduled for diagnosis later this week and cost is $800+$200 (???)

They are forcing me to get a new stove with this and I hate that they have manufactured something which is 4 years or so old and repair is so difficult that it will end up in junk.

Whole prorcess no one at Samsung knows what to tell me or provide the correct info. I am so frustrated that I willnever recommend this brand to anyone.

Robert4

Premium Member
You'll find the service manual and a Sears repair tip in post #2 here:

What exactly does Samsung want to charge you $1000 for?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Sorry, I can't help you on this one, I've never been trained on Samsung appliances. Hopefully a Samsung tech. will come here to assist you.

Other than that, you'd need to go shopping for a new cooktop. We recommend Whirlpool, Maytag, KitchenAid, and Amana for the best reliability long term.

Jake

Toeknee58

Hey all. New member, 1st post. Just read this now, Sept 21st. There’s a chap in Ottawa that repairs these PCBs. I’ve read good testimonies. Appears he’s got good job security with this Samsung induction range. Lots of E-84 codes. I was going to contact “Bob” in Ottawa but found a local ( Montreal/Laval ) chap who I could bring the PCB to instead of boxing it up and shipping it to Ottawa. $105 for the repair. Does it work? Don’t know yet. I went to reassemble and found I’d lost one small wire. There are four of these - one for each burner. The connect them to the PCB. I am having a devil of a time locating this wire. Can’t find a part no and don’t even know what to call it. Diagrams I’ve looked over aren’t clear enough to identify this wire specifically. Last resort is to make one but figuring out the connectors is the challenge. See attached photo - upper left red arrows. I stored the range in my father-in-laws garage for several months. No idea how the wire has gone missing. Any ideas or guidance is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• F5DA8366-6912-472C-947E-C2DC884F9A7D.jpeg
    F5DA8366-6912-472C-947E-C2DC884F9A7D.jpeg
    349.9 KB · Views: 48