• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Samsung induction range NE58H9970WS left burners not working

Johns1066

Premium Member
Model Number
NE58H9970WS
Brand
Samsung
Hello - the left two burners went out on our Samsung induction range (model NE58H9970WS) a couple of months ago, We get a pan detection error, even though we're using the correct cookware that we've used for years. Following the troubleshooting guide, we first replaced the Assembly Inverter Module, to no avail, and next the PCB Main Assembly. Again no luck. Any thoughts? We had a Samsung technician come out, but he seemed to have less of a clue of what to do that we did.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

Johns1066

Premium Member
That's the first part we replaced, the left inverter module. See photo.

Attachments

• 15928306734924657000288684593182.jpg
    15928306734924657000288684593182.jpg
    592.3 KB · Views: 360

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Was the Samsung Tech AUTHORIZED from Samsung?

If so, he has the phone number to the Samsung factory TECHLINE and they will walk him through what to check if the LEFT SIDE PCB assembly didn't fix it.

Have him or her call the Samsung factory TECHLINE.:)

Jake

Johns1066

Premium Member
Thank you for responding. The technician did call the Techline when he was here. The suggestion from that was to order part #DE92-03657A, the PCB Main Assembly. We did that and installed it, and the burners still don't work. At this point, do we need to get a whole new range? Replace the cooktop? I hate to do that when it's only two of the burners, and it seems like it should be fixable.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, its up to you, you can call the tech. back and have him call Samsung back to tell them LEFT SIDE PCB assembly and PCB Main Assembly didn't fix it.

Did you check the wires that go to the LEFT SIDE PCB assembly and burners to make sure none were broken? Also check the wires from the Main Control Board to the LEFT SIDE PCB assembly.

All us techs here recommend Whirlpool, Maytag, KitchenAid, and Amana when buying home appliances.

Jake

frechele

Premium Member
I've changed the left PCB assembly a year ago & the problem was solved until last week. I changed it again & same problem- The pan heats for a few seconds then clicks & pan detection error. same thing on 2 left elements

frechele

Premium Member
I found 2 cold solder joints on middle board between the 2 inverter boards. I resoldered & voila, all is good

frechele

Premium Member
Your stove looks exactly like mine. I soldered on corner of the golden GK-A-1A-120, I hope it stays good long term, I like the stove, just not fond of taking it apart. Good luck to us all...

Rybry

Just fixed mine today.

Attachments

• IMG_3999.JPG
    IMG_3999.JPG
    58 KB · Views: 487
  • IMG_4001.JPG
    IMG_4001.JPG
    64.3 KB · Views: 476

Erlend

Premium Member
My left burners just went out a couple days ago giving the pan error message. Is there a video or guide to taking the galls off so zi can see if there is a problem that might be fixed as describer above?

frechele

Premium Member
My left burners just went out a couple days ago giving the pan error message. Is there a video or guide to taking the galls off so zi can see if there is a problem that might be fixed as describer above?
I've taken this range apart & repaired it twice now & feel optimistic about it staying fixed & not having to open it again. It's not terribly difficult , straightforward , take a few pix to help get things back in proper place afterwards. You need good lighting & things go faster with a drill screwdriver to make removal of dozens of screws to get under the glasstop where the boards are. I have extra inverter board as my problem was a bad solder joint on middle board. The glasstop was cracked before I got the stove from my neighbours garbage. Water had leaked through the crack onto the boards may have caused the problem. I got a new glasstop from Samsung. Resoldering the discoloured joint on middle board fixed the problem. Good stove. Good luck

Attachments

• IMG_7925.jpg
    IMG_7925.jpg
    379.8 KB · Views: 311

jotazo

Premium Member
Thanks Frechele. I just fixed mine today!
BTW, if you want to test that GOLDEN relay, the two pins closer together should have between 70 and 80 Ohms, and the two pins further apart should have open line (no continuity).

My problem was also water coming in after the top was cracked (biggest problem on this stove, top is too fragile). Replaced the right inverter board and one fuse on the main board. it worked for a couple of weeks until it didn't anymore.

Great forum!

Erlend

Premium Member
Thanks frechele, jotaso, rybry,
nice success stories. I finally found the time to take my range apart. I cannot find any bad solder joints by close examination with plenty of light and tweezers.
Any thoughts while I got it apart. I have an ohm meter but am not savvy enough to use it to check on what jotazo contributed.
Darn. not sure of next steps. both left burners have been giving me the incompatible pan sign for a month now..

jotazo

Premium Member
Hi Erlend,

Did you check the fuse? they are the ceramic kind, on the main assembly board in the middle.
You can test for continuity between the terminals. You can try switching the two to see if the other half of burners work, but with the risk of blowing the good fuse and losing the other half of the burners.
I posted in another thread a link to a video of possible causes for the fuse to blow.

Good luck

Courtland8

Same issue. the 2 left burners wen out about a year ago. Now the 2 right burners are out.
Mine was installed in a marble top island.
Sliding it out is a pain as I have replaced the fragile cooktop 3 times now at $300+a pop for each glass cooktop.
I will attempt the fix and revert back here.........

Erlend

Premium Member
Hi Erlend,

Did you check the fuse? they are the ceramic kind, on the main assembly board in the middle.
You can test for continuity between the terminals. You can try switching the two to see if the other half of burners work, but with the risk of blowing the good fuse and losing the other half of the burners.
I posted in another thread a link to a video of possible causes for the fuse to blow.

Good luck
jotazo, Thanks for this. I remember checking one fuse but could not remember that I checked both? incredible, but yeah. So I got it apart again and juts found that both fuses are good. I will check a couple other diagnostic remedies in this thread before I reassemble.