• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Samsung induction range NE58H9970WS left burners not working

Erlend

Premium Member
jotazo, Thanks for this. I remember checking one fuse but could not remember that I checked both? incredible, but yeah. So I got it apart again and juts found that both fuses are good. I will check a couple other diagnostic remedies in this thread before I reassemble.
There was a thrid smaller fuse I found that was also good.

Erlend

Premium Member
I got my hooks into Fisher Paykel range I wonder if you know anybody that wants my samsung with the two left bruners out of commission. Top is intact And the rest is almost like new.

Miyata1k

Premium Member
I found 2 cold solder joints on middle board between the 2 inverter boards. I resoldered & voila, all is good
How did you find out the spot needing resolder? Were they visibly damaged/burnt or followed circuit by circuit troubleshooting? Thanks

jotazo

Premium Member
How did you find out the spot needing resolder? Were they visibly damaged/burnt or followed circuit by circuit troubleshooting? Thanks
Hi Miyata,
For me it was visible. When you flip the board you can see it as a cold solder.
Like here: (9:55)

Good luck

Miyata1k

Premium Member
Thank you, hope ours is something simple to find out. Left side works sometimes and mostly doesn’t.

Drewski1975

Hi Miyata,
For me it was visible. When you flip the board you can see it as a cold solder.
Like here: (9:55)

Good luck
This video was a life saver...the left side of my stove went out too. I wish I would have taken a video of the whole thing...but sure enough my board was poorly soldered in the exact same place...applied a little solder... plugged it in and it works so far, no other repairs or new boards needed..

You just probably saved me about $1000 in service calls and parts...lifesaver.

SirSellig

I just did the repair of my range today. It was also that same board, as the others shown, with a melted solder joint. Thanks for the hint!

I think that I may be found the root cause of it on mine. The two squirrel muffin fan were partially clog into the center where the air comes in. This could make the drivers overheat and this may have raise the current which overheat the solder joint.

kenneycan

Premium Member
I found 2 cold solder joints on middle board between the 2 inverter boards. I resoldered & voila, all is good
Thank you very much frechele! I found a cold solder joint on the middle PCB the same as you. I resoldered it and now we're cooking on all four burners again! What a job to take it apart and put it back together again though!
Your stove looks exactly like mine. I soldered on corner of the golden GK-A-1A-120, I hope it stays good long term, I like the stove, just not fond of taking it apart. Good luck to us all...