• ** REMEMBER! **The microwave can still shock you even unplugged!!

ALWAYS discharge the high-voltage capacitor first if you even think your hands will come close to any HIGH VOLTAGE components.

Jeff mentions this: Anything in the high voltage ( magnetron, capacitor, diode, wires to and from ):
    ...Use a metal ( not the shiny chrome type ) screw driver with a insulated handle to short across ( touch both at the same time ) the terminals of the high voltage capacitor to discharge it.

From Jeff's site: http://www.applianceaid.com/component-testing.php

Jake

FIXED Samsung, Lights and Turntable come on when door is opened

firedive

Premium Member
Model Number
SMH9151W
Brand
Samsung
When the door is opened the turn table starts and the interior light comes on. Works intermittently when the door is closed, if I lift up slightly with it closed it will start if it doesn't start on its own.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Sounds like a faulty door switch. There are 3 microswitches in a latch assembly. Remove power. Check them for continuity with an ohmmeter by opening and closing the door. Remove the wire from the common terminal on the microswitch before testing. To access the latch assembly and microswitches, remove the top grill and you can then remove the single screw above the control panel. Lift up then pull out on the control panel to remove it. Usually it will just hang there or you can remove it for better access.
Door Switches.jpg

Switch Holder DE96-00414A Order now for same day shipping. 365 day return policy. RepairClinic.com
01293725.jpg

Micro Switch 3405-000178 Order now for same day shipping. 365 day return policy. RepairClinic.com
Micro-Switch-3405-000178-01787644.jpg

firedive

Premium Member
Thanks,
I removed the switches and could tell the bad one with out testing, switch did not click. The switch holder with the three switches wasn't much more than the single switch so that's what I ordered. I'll let you know when it is fixed.

firedive

Premium Member
Replaced the switches , and all is working just fine.
Thank you for your help.