Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature currently requires accessing the site using the built-in Safari browser.
** REMEMBER! **The microwave can still shock you even unplugged!!
ALWAYS discharge the high-voltage capacitor first if you even think your hands will come close to any HIGH VOLTAGE components.
Jeff mentions this: Anything in the high voltage ( magnetron, capacitor, diode, wires to and from ):
...Use a metal ( not the shiny chrome type ) screw driver with a insulated handle to short across ( touch both at the same time ) the terminals of the high voltage capacitor to discharge it.
Both the affected part as well as the burnt/discoloured wire terminal need to be replaced. If you reinstall a bad wire onto a new part, the same thing will happen again.
I'm afraid I do not know which exact part that is. There are 2 shown (see the following links) in that general area. Once removed someone will need to compare the temperature specifications written on the thermodiscs.
It is a simple repair. It would certainly cost less to be repaired than to replace the unit not to mention having to also deal with installation. If you had the parts on hand just about any technician should be able to complete the job in minimal time.