• ** REMEMBER! **The microwave can still shock you even unplugged!!

ALWAYS discharge the high-voltage capacitor first if you even think your hands will come close to any HIGH VOLTAGE components.

Jeff mentions this: Anything in the high voltage ( magnetron, capacitor, diode, wires to and from ):
    ...Use a metal ( not the shiny chrome type ) screw driver with a insulated handle to short across ( touch both at the same time ) the terminals of the high voltage capacitor to discharge it.

From Jeff's site: http://www.applianceaid.com/component-testing.php

Jake
  • Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Samsung Microwave Power issue

Blue girl

Premium Member
Model Number
Smh9207st
Brand
Samsung
Started with problems with the fan running continuously after microwave cycle completed. Pointed me to the switches. Thought I'd be smart and clean the small cavity where the door hooks lead to the switch. Did not unplug it(stupid I know) and moisture got into the switch and I heard a loud pop and all went dark. Checked the 2 fuses, 1 was bad 1 was ok. Changed the bad one out and checked all 3 switches for continuity and inside each switch to see if anything was broken. All 3 look brand new & making good contact. Now with new fuse I only get the exhaust fan and the microwave cavity light but no panel action at all. Also the fan is slower and the light is dimmer. I felt like the pop noise came from the back left of the machine. I don't think I mixed up the switches, but anything is possible. Any help greatly appreciated.

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Hi,

Find the diagram inside? If yes, can you post a copy here?

Now with new fuse I only get the exhaust fan and the microwave cavity light but no panel action at all
Checked for power coming into the board?

I don't think I mixed up the switches
Hope not, they are position sensitive.

jeff.

bluegirl64

Premium Member
Took the appliance off the wall today but no diagrams found inside the cavity. I have found a repair manual online. I can certainly email it to you if that would help.

jeff1

Staff member

jeff1

Staff member
I see HV tranformer fuse, 20 amp fuse, bottom thermostat, 1 cavity thermostat and 1 magnetron thermostat that all should have continuity.

Now with new fuse I only get the exhaust fan and the microwave cavity light but no panel action at all.
Looks like if the cavity or magnetron thermostat are open the light and exhaust fan could still work. Failing those you will need to check for power into the low voltage transformer.

jeff.