• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Samsung NE58H9970WS/AA Induction Range not controlling oven temperature

plannersteve

Premium Member
Model Number
NE58H9970WS/AA
Brand
Samsung
The oven temperature control is not working on our Samsung slide-in induction range. Normally we do not have the oven divider in. In this mode, neither Chef Bake or Convection Bake (Bake) work. In both Bake and Chef Bake, the oven will heat to the set temperature, then fail to hold the temperature.

In Chef Bake, a fan continues to run and you can occasionally hear clicking sounds from the control panel. However the temperature continues to slowly drop. It does not appear to stabilize at a lower temperature. The display continues to read the set point temperature. When you turn the oven off, then turn back on, the display shows the actual lower temperature and the oven heats back up to the set point.

In Bake (convection) both top and bottom fans are running. Again, the temperature rises to the set point, then slowly falls. It seems like it does stabilize at a lower temperature. When I set it to 400, it will rise to 400, then eventually stabilize at around 350.

With the divider in, the temperature in the bottom on Chef Bake also does not hold. It seems like it might do better with the divider in on Bake (convection) in both the top and bottom sections, but I may have not waited long enough for the temp to drop.

The oven has been in use for over 3 years and this problem just started. I'm going to pull it out to get at wiring to check the temperature sensors although I doubt that is the problem.

Anything else I should check while I have the back off? I have a multimeter and know how to use it. Also interested in what control board I'd have to buy if that might be the problem. Attached the service manual.

Attachments

• Samsung Induction SM-NE58H9970WS Service Manual 2.pdf
    5.5 MB · Views: 35

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Steve,

I'm not familiar with Samsung Range's, but I did locate another couple people that were having this same problem with this same model as well here:
On other brands like Whirlpool and Frigidaire I always ohm test the oven sensor first, in post #13 is the part link to your oven sensor. Disconnect power to your range first!

Then look at what @scndrl said in post #18.

Jake

plannersteve

Premium Member
Thanks. This person's solution to switch wires doesn't seem to be applicable in a oven that has worked as designed for 3 years. I'll test the temp sensors, then go from there. If I understand this correctly, if it is not the temp sensor, then it is a controller board. I you could tell me what the controller board part number is, that would be great.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member